Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I haven't been out many places that I have to get out of the car yet (donations for the thrift shop being the exception; I wore a bandana tied over my mouth & nose - I have asthma and DD has heart issues, so we are both in higher-risk groups for severe cases) and haven't seen it by me, but Billy Penn posted about the situation in the Philadelphia area back in April. This has been confirmed anecdotally for parts of NYC by my brother Joe, who lives on the Upper West Side.

Philly media also posted about flushed wipes the same day.

It blows my mind.
    Do you need an N95 sent to you? With the health conditions your bandana isn’t adequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Do you need an N95 sent to you? With the health conditions your bandana isn’t adequate.
    Thank you. DH has some masks labeled N95, but I'm not entirely sure about them. The bandana at least allows me the feeling of control and a way to start to get used to having *something* on my/DD's face until I can get needles for my sewing machine or order commercially-made items.

In the meantime, I'm not going anywhere other than the pharmacy drive-thru.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Thank you. DH has some masks labeled N95, but I'm not entirely sure about them. The bandana at least allows me the feeling of control and a way to start to get used to having *something* on my/DD's face until I can get needles for my sewing machine or order commercially-made items.

In the meantime, I'm not going anywhere other than the pharmacy drive-thru.
    Definitely use the N95s. That’s what you need. Those are the best of the best- no need to make an inferior item. I will wear a homemade one if I know I won’t encounter people and simply doing it per regulations so I get it. If the N95 had a different strap I’d always choose it but I really like the quick ease of the ear loop only design.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Has anyone seen N95 masks available online?

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Has anyone seen N95 masks available online?
    We bought a pack of 10 on eBay for a lot of money (for DH to wear to work)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Definitely use the N95s. That’s what you need. Those are the best of the best- no need to make an inferior item. I will wear a homemade one if I know I won’t encounter people and simply doing it per regulations so I get it. If the N95 had a different strap I’d always choose it but I really like the quick ease of the ear loop only design.
    I forgot that DH sent all the "N95" masks (which, again, I don't entirely trust because of the sourcing and the time when he purchased them) to his parents, who are still in AZ. (And they will be in AZ for at least the next two weeks, then quarantining for another 2 weeks once they return to NJ.)

All people in indoor spaces are masking/covering their faces here, which reduces transmission/droplet transfer as long as you're using multi-layer woven fabric. I still want a public health campaign about properly wearing them so I see fewer noses hanging out. (It's frustrating seeing that, but I have to remind myself that I'm not the mask police.)

I need something more than a single bandana to bring DD to camp, because whether I drop her at the bus or drive her up every day, I will need something covering my mouth & nose ... and so will she. (She'll need at least 2, with a backup, per day.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5