Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Pity Party for Myself

I am so relieved that tomorrow is the last day of school. Yet I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because it is the last day of school! I feel so badly that I didn't get to give my Kinders a proper ending and goodbye. They missed out on so much this year! My own 3rd grade son is missing out on getting to go to a red carpet award ceremony for his class movie. He gets to attend and give an acceptance speech via zoom, but it isn't the same. My older son is finishing 5th grade, and has missed out on all of the end of year 5th grade activities. His teachers have been working hard to give his class a drive through culmination next week, and I'm so grateful for that. But I'm just having a pity party for all of the things they are missing out on. I should be so grateful that we are safe and healthy, but I can't help but cry for what they are missing out on.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Oh hugs be gentle on yourself. It’s been a tough few months. I’m feeling weird too with the end of the year, as in some ways next week will be the same - still here at home

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It is sad. So much cancelled.
    K

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It stinks!!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

*hugs* I'm right there with you. I was really sad the last week of school too -- even if there's good reasons for the way things are now, it doesn't mean it doesn't suck, too.
    Lizi

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I, too am feeling you. You're a K teacher, I have a K'er! I know its super sad for all the HS seniors but I feel like missing out on K is also really sad. It is a special year and sitting in the living room on the iPad just isn't the same as wearing a hat made from construction paper while singing a phonics song!

It is sad and I think mourning it is appropriate. I'm so sorry for your kids missing out on their special things!

Thank you! I think the lack of closure is what is getting to me. This year is certainly one for the history books!!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Pity Party for Myself

How did it go? I was in zoom IEPs all day Friday so didn’t get to go the drive by graduation for my schools. Every year I have last minute IEPs that mean I can’t attend. I was tempted to sit in my car doing the meeting on my phone, but there was potential for it to go for 2 hours.

It felt weird yesterday, but I’m relieved that zoom meetings are done - they are exhausting on zoom

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

OP, you have the total rights to a pity party. It’s been such a crappy hand many got dealt with. I have a kindergarten kid and it breaks my heart he’s missing out the typical he would get, like his older brother did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

My son’s drive through culmination is on Tuesday, even though yesterday was our last day. All of the teachers are coming back in, which I think is so sweet since they don’t have to come in.

And my 3rd grader, his class movie won the grand prize at the California Student Media Festival!!! He got to give the acceptance speech for the award. He was so excited!! It was neat that they broadcast the ceremony on YouTube, so my parents in Chicago and my sister in Boston even got to watch. They never get to see my kids’ school activities so they were thrilled to sit through a 2 1/2 hour ceremony to see him give a 1 minute speech. Hahaha!

I’m relieved that the year is over, but it is such a bittersweet feeling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast