Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Grocery out of stocks...

I am so tired of out of stocks. My last pick-up order was fully one-third out of stock. Some things I understand have a huge, unusual demand (clorox wipes, hand sanitizer) but some things make no sense. I've been outed Tampax for six weeks! Bullion, toilet bowl cleaner, 409/degreaser, flour, Dawn dish soap, laundry soap, Heinz ketchup, pickle relish, bbq sauce, corn dogs, sunflower seeds, and tons more... all out. My husband's addiction - diet orange crush and diet barqs root beer - both outed every week for seven weeks. Why are we still seeing these weird outs?
    In addition, meat prices are through the roof! chicken up 30%, beef up 50%. We've been eating a lot more fish, because it went from being a little pricey to being the best option, price-wise.

I can't wait to see the new school supply lists (due out next week) and see how many hand sanitizer and wipes we are supposed to provide! I haven't seen wipes at all since January and no name-brand sanitizer, either. (We have some local distillery sanitizer.)

We're in Washington state. Are things different where you are?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

With the exception of hand soap and disinfecting stuff, our stores are totally stocked and prices are totally normal. I do a mix of Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Target and 2 local grocery store chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a system down now and have been able to source most of what I’ve been looking for. I finally found flour on target.com and ordered multiple bags. I also received flour in my grocery order that same week so I have about 30 pounds in my freezer. I haven’t found any friends interested in taking any yet. We’re having repairs done outSide our house in the next few weeks and the workers are usually happy to take grocery bags when they come so I’ll pass them on that way. Have you tried Target Or Walmart online for cleaners and tampons? They might also have your sodas.

Costco is well stocked. I found Clorox wipes there for the first time since this started. They didn’t have many though.

Trader Joe’s is well stocked (I even saw sanitizer once). I’ve always found flour there.

I haven’t been in to target, but I do drive up.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

It isn't too bad here. Almost impossible to find Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer is starting to pop up here and there but stores have a 1/shopper limit, and toilet paper shelves are still frequently empty. As for food, I don't have trouble getting what I want although meat prices are slightly higher.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

At this point here the only things that is REALLY hard to get is disinfecting wipes and name brand hand sanitizer (though we're well stocked on whatever random kinds I've seen). Sometimes there are a few things in my grocery order that are out of stock, but usually it's like 1-3 items per week.

I bought several large pump bottles of hand sanitizer at Lowes a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of school supply lists.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are not nearly as bad off as it seems you are, but we still have lots of out of stocks too. Lysol wipes are definitely never available. Hand sanitizer is popping up, but everywhere except WalMart is charging crazy high prices -- like $3+ for travel size containers. With food, I find that there might be a single brand of something on the shelf, instead of the 3-4 brands that are usually there. It's definitely gotten a lot better over the course of the past 3 weeks, though. I can get most of what I want now.
    Lizi

Disinfectant wipes/spray and brand name hand sanitizers seem to be the only items that are still difficult to find. Have you checked Target's website? There's a lot of items that you can get shipped, including non perishable foods. I've gotten grocery items like avocado oil, ketchup, canned soup, salad dressing, cereal, mustard, spices shipped from Target. If you have Amazon Prime, try Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods for delivery. I've been able to get time slots easily and while items go in and out of stock a lot on the website, once I get my order placed, I've gotten most everything I've ordered.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have not been able to get Amy's refried beans in weeks. Flour and hand sanitizer just showed up, but I was getting flour from a local bakery. Trader Joes has been out of Naan bread for a month. They were out of shampoo but had conditioner. Beans and rice are hard to come by. Traders Joe's was out of margarita mix (that was just plain sad). They were also out of my favorite salsa.

I would say I often cannot get 25% of what is on my list. I shop Trader Joe's every 14 days, and the regular grocery every 14.

TP has been hit or miss, more often a miss.

No gloves anywhere. We used most of ours while we are stripping and re-painting all the interior doors (18 of them). I can't find them anywhere. I can only find the big chemical rubber ones.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

OP, I wonder if you've tried other stores? I did a walmart pickup order and they were "out of" 18 items. I decided to brave it and go look myself. 14 of the items were right there...on the bottom shelf, turned sideways, or whatever. A guy shopper probably did it and "couldn't see" the items. Also we discovered by talking to friends that the walmart north of us vs the one south had better shoppers who worked harder to get all the items. We had some rationing of meats for a while, and prices are slightly higher for them, but we are getting everything except clorox wipes from costco and sam's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast