Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Lysol spray is the only thing I have not been able to find. So glad I grabbed two right before shutdown. Wipes are not easy to find, but it's possible, especially if I get up for Target's opening. TP is well-stocked now.

OP, if you haven't, check to see if there's a FB page in your area dedicated to finding supplies. There are a few here.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    OP, I wonder if you've tried other stores? I did a walmart pickup order and they were "out of" 18 items. I decided to brave it and go look myself. 14 of the items were right there...on the bottom shelf, turned sideways, or whatever. A guy shopper probably did it and "couldn't see" the items. Also we discovered by talking to friends that the walmart north of us vs the one south had better shoppers who worked harder to get all the items. We had some rationing of meats for a while, and prices are slightly higher for them, but we are getting everything except clorox wipes from costco and sam's.
    Bahaha!! Best comment ever about the shopper being a guy!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    I have not been able to get Amy's refried beans in weeks. Flour and hand sanitizer just showed up, but I was getting flour from a local bakery. Trader Joes has been out of Naan bread for a month. They were out of shampoo but had conditioner. Beans and rice are hard to come by. Traders Joe's was out of margarita mix (that was just plain sad). They were also out of my favorite salsa.

I would say I often cannot get 25% of what is on my list. I shop Trader Joe's every 14 days, and the regular grocery every 14.

TP has been hit or miss, more often a miss.

No gloves anywhere. We used most of ours while we are stripping and re-painting all the interior doors (18 of them). I can't find them anywhere. I can only find the big chemical rubber ones.
    Target has disposable gloves online.
    https://www.target.com/p/nitrile-glo...2/-/A-76150031
    https://www.target.com/p/disposable-...2/-/A-76150030
    https://www.target.com/p/disposable-...2/-/A-76150033

They come in and out of stock.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Grocery out of stocks...

Check out Lowe’s or Home Depot for cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, and hand soap. My house cleaner wanted Tilex with bleach and while I couldn’t find that I found the Lowe’s brand (Zep) with no problem. Target has had plenty of tampons, but you may have to physically go to the store to pick them up.

Honestly I brave Target and the grocery store because it is just easier than dealing with online ordering. I did do a Target pick up order once, which was nice but I hated that I couldn’t put any food except for chips in my order because they were considered it to be low stock items (and imho it is a way to get people to use Shipt because the Shipt orders can include real food; at the height of stay at home I would see at least 5 Shipt shoppers in Target at one time). I tried to do a pick up order at Walmart because they would let you buy grocery items for pickup but the wait was 4 days for a pick up spot; now it is tomorrow evening so much better.

Food has been pretty well stocked except flour, which still seems to be running low at Target and isn’t available online. I happened to buy a 5lb at Vons and it is a brand I have never heard of from Texas, but I was just happy to get some.

TP, paper towels, and Kleenex are now back in stock as well.

My favorite all purpose cleanser from Method (grapefruit) is still out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-28-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I hadn't been to a store in over a week but yesterday DH and I hit Publix and Costco and didn't really encounter any out of stocks or any unusual pricing. Even some of the limits seem to have been lifted because we were able to buy 8 jars of peanut butter (hey, it's our favorite brand and on sale).

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have not been able to find any antibacterial wipes, and we are pretty conservative about our use of this product to begin with. I got lucky that I had a few containers in our closet when covid started, but we are on our last one, usually I only bring these with us when we travel...

If you need antibac gel I was pleasantly surprised to find some at dollar tree, they are not the pump style, but in a plastic squeeze bottle, 70% alcholol, so meet criteria. I am not a fan of the distillery type of antibacteria liquid, we have been forced to use that junk at work and patients sometimes joke at us that we smell like we've been drinking, since it is so strong.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone for your answers. I was wondering how much of my problems are regional, and how many are the higher-end places (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Amazon Prime) getting stock before lower-end places. Those higher-end stores are two hours or more way for me, so not happening - and we couldn't afford them anyway. The nearest small grocery is 35 min away, major grocery (Kroger, Safeway, Walmart) are 50-60 minutes away. The idea of Home Depot or Lowes for cleaning stuff is a good one, but they're 90 minutes the other way from the grocery store - I'll have to look next time I have to go that way. Nothing delivers to my house - not even USPS.
    I have, on the advice of store employees, changed the day of the week I pick up so it's picked just after the major shipment arrives, which I hope will help. I have to bring coolers and pack stuff for the trip anyway, so this time I am leaving myself time to do my pickup at Kroger and then drive the couple of miles further to Safeway to see if I can fill the gaps. There's only so much I can improvise! We'll see how it goes, I'm picking up Tuesday.

As for Costco - I don't go often, but we did go last week. They ran out of brand-name TP while I was there, and had no paper towels at all. No sanitizer or wipes, no canned tomato (a major staple in our house), no frozen hamburger logs (we don't buy fresh), looked at the "fresh" fish but it was all four or five days old. Produce was not impressive this time. A disappointing trip this time, it's the first time I've been this year, so I don't know if this is normal.

Default Grocery out of stocks...

We are in Washington and have had no issues, aside from the start of the stay home order with TP, wipes and hand sanitizer. And flour! Flour was in short supply at regular stores but bought it from Italian grocery that delivers. We do amazon fresh or Safeway online ordering, and use our local fresh seafood market (call in and they deliver it to your car). Recently bought wipes and hand sanitizer for fall too. We have a vacation place in a more rural location and hear that sometimes things are wiped out on Fridays, but that happened on weekends even pre-pandemic. Never shop at Walmart or Trader Joes. Costco online was a little hit or miss for snack stuff early on too. But overall, no issues. Meat prices are higher for “regular” cuts but not really a difference for higher end steaks, etc. or high end CSA boxes from a local fine dining restaurant, with amazing butcher cuts. They are a great value for what you get. One of the benefits of being in the city vs at our vacation place, was having multiple supply chains early on. But even our regular Safeway has held up great and we just do the drive-up and pick it up option. You must be way out there to be that far of a drive from stores. Changing the pick-up day is a good plan too! Hope it gets easier. If you have a butcher in town, we’ve found the butchers in the town where are vacation house is, are waaaaay cheaper than the grocery stores and have fantastic meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 06-28-2020 at 05:05 PM.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I am so tired of out of stocks. My last pick-up order was fully one-third out of stock. Some things I understand have a huge, unusual demand (clorox wipes, hand sanitizer) but some things make no sense. I've been outed Tampax for six weeks! Bullion, toilet bowl cleaner, 409/degreaser, flour, Dawn dish soap, laundry soap, Heinz ketchup, pickle relish, bbq sauce, corn dogs, sunflower seeds, and tons more... all out. My husband's addiction - diet orange crush and diet barqs root beer - both outed every week for seven weeks. Why are we still seeing these weird outs?

We're in Washington state. Are things different where you are?
    We can get hand sanitizer if we order from Amazon, have started going to a butcher to get meat, and we do OK with soda at pickup from places like Target.

We cannot get ... liquid hand soap refill bottles, Clorox/Lysol wipes or spray, and most cleansers.

Laundry soap is also OK, but chlorine bleach is hit-or-miss.

I'm in central NJ.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I shop between Wegmans, TJ and Costco so between 3 places I’m able to get everything I need. The only items that are still hard to find is the 409 cleaner, Clorox wipes and Lysol spray.

However, from the top of several moms in my town FB group I was told you can get the Clorox wipes and Lysol spray at our nearby discount store. It’s a limit of 1 or two per customer. I got other more at Home Depot.

I’m wondering if it may be location specific to you? Since you mentioned all the regular stores is bit of drive away, sound like you’re in a rural area. Supply affected more in rural or farming communities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast