Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    So it's not appropriate for little kids right? There is language and inappropriate content?

DH and the girls and I will definitely watch it. DH actually has been listening to the sound track lately which cracks me up because it's not expected.
    There is one scene I would have loved to fast forward through. The music does have strong language. We couldn’t get tickets when DS1 was in 3rd grade (9 yo) without paying crazy fees so we waited. Finally got face value tickets in February when DS2 was 10 yo. We play it at home all the time but my DC know we don’t play it in mixed company and we don’t play it on our outside speakers.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So it's not appropriate for little kids right? There is language and inappropriate content?

DH and the girls and I will definitely watch it. DH actually has been listening to the sound track lately which cracks me up because it's not expected.
    Well, everyone has a different barometer for appropriate.
    Plus, they edited this version for Disney. I hope they don’t do too much editing because I never thought it was that bad. But, it’s been a while since I saw (twice) or listened because it gets stuck in my head so badly! I love it but my brain needed to break free of the songs! It’s so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I saw it twice last year in London, once with my mom and once with DD.

I just checked my email and I spent $149 for 2 tickets on December 6, 2019 for the January 9, 2020 show (xmas gift for DD). On September 5, 2019 I paid $97.50 for 2 tickets for the October 3 show with my visiting mom! Theater in London was the best!!!

They’ve announced Hamilton, Phantom, Les Mis, and Mary Poppins are closed until at least 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DH is super frustrated because apparently had 3 F words in it and h they took 2 out but left one in! It would have been so easy to edit all three! I don’t know what else is in the show but we don’t want our littles to watch it with that kind of language. I’m sure I’ll see it.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    My DH is super frustrated because apparently had 3 F words in it and h they took 2 out but left one in! It would have been so easy to edit all three! I don’t know what else is in the show but we don’t want our littles to watch it with that kind of language. I’m sure I’ll see it.
    That's annoying? I wonder why they did that rather than ditch them all. I saw people online complaining that they edited it at all. Surely we can handle lack of swear words on the Disney channel????

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I guess I just don't get the problem with a few swear words. "Grown up words" covers it here. Heck, I think if you don't point them out and make them a big deal then they will be ignored anyway. The words just flow in the songs in a way that you easily go right past them, imo.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

SO SO SO excited!
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's annoying? I wonder why they did that rather than ditch them all. I saw people online complaining that they edited it at all. Surely we can handle lack of swear words on the Disney channel????
    DH says it can still have one and be rated PG13 which is required for the platform. But honestly if they’re already editing it, why not remove them all? I’m not a fan of swear words at all. My older kids have been exposed to some language in movies we watch and lots more at school but I try to avoid it in my home whenever we can. It’s just our preference.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DH says it can still have one and be rated PG13 which is required for the platform. But honestly if they’re already editing it, why not remove them all? I’m not a fan of swear words at all. My older kids have been exposed to some language in movies we watch and lots more at school but I try to avoid it in my home whenever we can. It’s just our preference.
    Totally agree. We do not curse and don't want to hear that in movies on Disney!

Well I’m assuming the one that’s left is one that’s in the middle of a phrase that is kind of a one of the biggest phrases in the show/song: “Southern mother f-ing Democratic Republicans.”
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast