Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    "Grown up words" covers it here. Heck, I think if you don't point them out and make them a big deal then they will be ignored anyway. The words just flow in the songs in a way that you easily go right past them, imo.
    This is how we handled it but my DC were older. I wasn’t ready to have my 6 yr old singing the lyrics.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Well I’m assuming the one that’s left is one that’s in the middle of a phrase that is kind of a one of the biggest phrases in the show/song: “Southern mother f-ing Democratic Republicans.”
    Maybe that's it! Maybe its harder to edit out than the others. We'll probably watch it with the big kids but we'll stick to the clean version for the littler ones. My DD has what DH calls a phonographic memory. She can remember just about anything that she hears. (This is in contrast to me--I confess I hardly listen to lyrics) so we do need to be a little careful around her!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    DH says it can still have one and be rated PG13 which is required for the platform. But honestly if they’re already editing it, why not remove them all? I’m not a fan of swear words at all. My older kids have been exposed to some language in movies we watch and lots more at school but I try to avoid it in my home whenever we can. It’s just our preference.
    I get it. This is why we avoided the Marvel movies as long as we could. My DH bought me the cd for Christmas. Once my DC heard it they were hooked.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can’t wait!! ❤️❤️

Re language: it sounds the one “F word” that remains is in Say No to This. The two that have been altered are the Hercules Mulligan line in Yorktown (best use of it in a song IMO) and the Southern MF’n line in Washington On Your Side. https://www.insider.com/hamilton-dis...da-pg13-2020-6

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    I'm excited to see it with at least DH; not sure if my kids would be interested, but I'm hoping my older two will give it a try... I saw it a year or two ago with my mom, SIL, and her mom, and it was wonderful. I laughed and cried, and had all the emotions... hope it can still be amazing on t.v., as well!
    I felt the same when we saw it. I told DH we are lucky tickets weren’t readily available when we saw it. I would have walked right to the box office after our show to buy tickets to see it again.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Maybe that's it! Maybe its harder to edit out than the others. We'll probably watch it with the big kids but we'll stick to the clean version for the littler ones. My DD has what DH calls a phonographic memory. She can remember just about anything that she hears. (This is in contrast to me--I confess I hardly listen to lyrics) so we do need to be a little careful around her!
    If she hears a sweat word and repeats it, just say no. I’m a car-swearer; I rarely swear outside of when I’m driving. I also have a few songs with swearing. Kids just know they can’t repeat what I/song says. I wouldn’t skip a great show over a word.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've not seen it; is it bloody/gore? It was a time of war, do they glorify the violence?

There's enough violence going on right now, I'm trying to shelter from it as best we can.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I've not seen it; is it bloody/gore? It was a time of war, do they glorify the violence?

There's enough violence going on right now, I'm trying to shelter from it as best we can.
    Its a stage play. Not a movie.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

It’s a Broadway musical so no literal blood or gore, but there are scenes like (SPOILER ALERT ) where he dies in a duel with Aaron Burr. So no actual blood or bullets but a theatrical acting out of being shot and carried away. And he’s one of three deaths by gunfire that I can remember. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I can’t wait!!

Re language: it sounds the one “F word” that remains is in Say No to This. The two that have been altered are the Hercules Mulligan line in Yorktown (best use of it in a song IMO) and the Southern MF’n line in Washington On Your Side. https://www.insider.com/hamilton-dis...da-pg13-2020-6
    I don’t think the one on Say No to This should even count. It’s not the while word, just the first half

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast