Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've had random fireworks going off here too. Fireworks displays are mostly canceled.

We will be celebrating with the same family that we've celebrated birthdays and Memorial Day with during the shut down- the family who's toddler we watch. Backyard BBQ, toddler pool, water games, dessert baking, and stomp rockets. We all agree that while we love each other very much, we look forward to the day when we can celebrate holidays and birthdays with more people!! My kids make our family's traditional apple pie every 4th and I'm looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Are people in your areas not shooting off fireworks all the time? Every night there are super loud, annoying fireworks in my city. Saw a CNN article that made it sound like a nationwide problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    It's a bit better now but earlier in the month, we could hear fireworks every night!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No way to the fireworks! They’re illegal here and the last thing we need are brush fires.

We kept our reservations for a cabin about 5 hours away so that’s our plan. I’m starting to feel really bad about going becayse cases are skyrocketing in my area. The current plan is to buy and bring up all our food for the week and we won’t spent a minute indoors. We’ll be outside and on trails, seeking space and solitude. I felt ok with this earlier this month and now I’m not sure?

I’m less worried about catching COVID19 and more about modeling responsible behavior during a pandemic.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are people in your areas not shooting off fireworks all the time? Every night there are super loud, annoying fireworks in my city. Saw a CNN article that made it sound like a nationwide problem.

Yes! EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. FOR. WEEKS! It's basically all anyone talks about on Nextdoor! I've never seen them, but I hear them constantly.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes. It's been going on for months and not the bright showy fun kind either. It's multiple M80's every night from a few different directions over the course of a few hours.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    No way to the fireworks! They’re illegal here and the last thing we need are brush fires.

We kept our reservations for a cabin about 5 hours away so that’s our plan. I’m starting to feel really bad about going becayse cases are skyrocketing in my area. The current plan is to buy and bring up all our food for the week and we won’t spent a minute indoors. We’ll be outside and on trails, seeking space and solitude. I felt ok with this earlier this month and now I’m not sure?

I’m less worried about catching COVID19 and more about modeling responsible behavior during a pandemic.
    I think an isolated cabin should be fine! As long as you're not violating stay at home orders to go, and don't do a bunch of socializing or crowded activities while you're there (hanging out on a crowded beach, etc.) it seems totally responsible.

Our 4th of July plans are pretty limited. We'll grill out at home. I'd love to do the pool but I think it will be too crowded for comfort. We'll probably go kayaking. There are still fireworks here, but they're "tailgate style", meaning everyone is supposed to stay at their cars and just watch from their tailgate. Being stuck in a crowded parking lot (where likely lots of people keep their cars running the whole time b/c it's the South and it's crazy hot) when the majority of people in my area gave up social distancing and masks a month ago is a no go for us, so while I'm sad to miss out on fireworks, it's a definite no go!
    Lizi

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If our idiot neighbors shoots fireworks across my lanai screen one more time it’s going to get ugly I warned him last weekend As for activity. Not much maybe paddle boarding or kayaking
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I think that’s perfectly fine. You are distancing, but in a different location. And you are also stimulating the economy by renting a cabin. DD is going to a lake house with her BFF (the one friend I’ve let her come into close contact with this last month), and their family plans on cooking all meals at the lake house and not going into public at all (just water sports that don’t involve anyone else.)

Not sure what we will do for the 4th. Just hang out at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You aren’t cramming into bats or planning to act irresponsibly. Go. If you’d feel better, get tested before you go so you know you aren’t a risk tonlocals.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Ugh, the fireworks here have been nonstop too. My dog will barely leave the house even in the day time. We are going to a friend's for a cookout, and may see my brother and his family at some point over the weekend. I am nervous about too much socializing, but right now cases are going down in our area- I sort of want to see people (carefully) now in case it gets bad again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast