JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Vitamin D3 needing K2; how do you get it and is really important?

I think it was here I first learned that Vitamin D needs Vitamin K in order to be absorbed well, or something along thoselines. Its so much more expensive with Vitamin K. Does anyone buy them separately or have a less expensive way to do this? Thanks!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Grassfed butter contains vitamin K2 and is used daily in my house. Same goes for grassfed beef.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Thanks! We can't eat either of those. Any other ideas?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Justme, greens have plenty of it, especially kale. Here is a link you may find useful https://nutritionfacts.org/questions...-of-vitamin-k/

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Following. We use energetix spray and it does get expensive. I have absorption issues with supplements and have tested low so I have hesitated to deviate from this brand but it's too much to take year round for all five of us!

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm using SR (sports research brand) of D3 w/ k2 w/ coconut oil from Amazon. It's usually $19.99 for a 60 day supply, which is 2 months worth. I don't think $10/month is too pricey, but i have seen other brands on amazon as low as $15 for a 2 month supply.

https://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Organ...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Does anyone know if the K2 needs to be taken at the same time as the D3 of if you just need K2 in your diet in general if you are taking D3?

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    Justme, greens have plenty of it, especially kale. Here is a link you may find useful https://nutritionfacts.org/questions...-of-vitamin-k/

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Thanks! I looked at the link and it was very helpful! I can't find any reliable info on lettuce as the leafy green; we certainly eat a good deal of kale, but not everyday! Do you know anything about that

Mickey0709, that is cheaper than I am paying. I would prefer without coconut oil. I know many say it is great for you, but with my family history of heart disease I am not sure; I know many say the opposite. Anyway, I will look around more at Amazon. I had looked but not found anything cheaper yet. OTOH, both dd and I take it and my ds probably should be taking it, so that adds up.