Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Masks for school - what to get

I know there are a few mask threads already. We all have some and they are fine. However, my kids will most likely be required to wear them on the bus and all day at school in the fall. I am thinking they will want one for before and one for after lunch, just so they feel a little fresh. DS2 might also want one just for PE class if he has that. And if we do have extra curricular activities going on, I will assume a mask is needed then too. So maybe at least 10-15 per kid? Then wash them on the weekends.

I can't just keep trying them out finding which is best for them. And I don't want to buy $15 masks and spend $700 on these. Should I just get them each a couple of boxes of disposables? A box of 50 is $25 or so and at 2/day, that's 5 weeks.

I was thinking maybe the Old Navy masks? Those are pretty inexpensive. Or I just read about the Hanes masks and I can look at Meijer tomorrow for those.

Anyhow, for every day use by pre-teen and teens, what would you get?
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Are face shields allowed? That would likely be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

It doesn't appear that they are, even by teachers. It says "facial coverings" and says homemade or surgical level-one masks. No mention of a face shield at all.
    Kris

We don't know yet if we'll need masks. However, I'm thinking disposables might be comfortable for all day. I wore one for 2.5 hours when I got my hair done, and I'm not sure a fabric one would have been as comfortable for that long. DS saw someone wearing a disposable the other day and said he wanted one. The adult versions are too big, but the kid ones i see on Amazon seem too small (and have bad reviews). I might need to get some ear adjusters and have him try the adult.

We have the Old Navy kids masks, but they are slightly too small. And the adult is too big. I just ordered from an Etsy seller who's advertising a tween size, so I hope they work.

I'm not considering face shields. I don't think they would be ideal for PE or sports.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I saw an ad on FB for Crayola masks. There are 5 in the pack. Instead of the elastic ear loop it has stings held together by an adjustable clip and there's a nose clip also. I thought the adjustable ear straps would be good to have for a custom fit.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really like the aviator ones recommended here and random vela ones I got from a social ad.

I got my kids the mission gaiters for school. They can wear around their neck so less like to touch the floor or get lost.

Speaking of lost, my kids have lost so many masks and they have barely been anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

DH, DS1 (14 years old), and I all prefer these masks: https://www.all-ett.com/products/a-pack-of-2-masks

Although they're not cheap, they are the comfiest masks we have. I also own the Old Navy ones, and they're fine, but we all prefer the All-Ett masks. They have a very strong nose wire, so they stay in place. DH says they don't fog his glasses like the Old Navy ones do. They don't "collapse" when we breathe. I've gone on 2 hour walks wearing my All-Ett mask and felt totally fine. Sometimes I completely forget that I have it on.

We only own 5, so I plan to order more. If we send DS1 back to school in the fall, he will definitely want to wear these.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’ve got some coming from Adidas to try for DS. They’re supposed to be lightweight and breathable. I’ll post back when they get here. They’re fairly reasonable and if they work I’ll get more of those.

KrisM, if you're considering disposable masks for your kids, I just saw this on Woot. $129.99 for a pack of 500 (26 cents per mask). That would last you a loooong time!

https://tools.woot.com/offers/face-m...8z3WcolsiJ9ILA
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure if they will be required for school here yet. So far the girls each have a mask I made them, a mask from bGreen (which they like, but I feel like its too thin to be of much protection), and the ON ones. DD2 (11) can wear the ON kids one, but I don't think she would like it for a whole day, I think the ear straps are slightly too small. The kid version is too small for DD1 (13) and the adult version is too big, though I haven't tried shortening the straps to see if that helps. I have been wearing the ON ones when I go out shopping and they are OK for short amounts of time, but I don't know if I would like them all day. I also have Los Angeles Apparel ones that I like the fit on but the fabric seems hot in the summer. I just ordered the 2 for $4 ones from Target (couldn't find them in store), a set of adult and a set of kid ones to try. They should be here by end of week. If masks are required at school my girls have asked about the Disney ones (of course they really only want Baby Yoda).

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast