Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    DD1 (13 yrs.) just started summer training for cross country. They need to wear masks when stretching before and after running (they don't wear them while actively running). It was 90 degrees at tonight's practice! She wore her bgreen mask, but only has 2 of those. And now I see that PA is mandating masks be worn to school, so I definitely need to get her more masks. I thought the Adidas ones might be good, especially for CC practices. But I'm not sure about sizing. The M bgreen mask fits her, but the adult Old Navy ones are too big and the kid ones too small. So her face is slightly smaller than mine. Any thoughts? Or other more athletic type masks that will stay on while doing pushups, stretches, etc. that don't cost a lot?
    I haven’t tried them, but Athleta is now selling an active version that looks like it has adjustable ear straps in addition to their regular ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    ... So her face is slightly smaller than mine. Any thoughts? Or other more athletic type masks that will stay on while doing pushups, stretches, etc. that don't cost a lot?
    Hanes has some that might also work; they are pricier than ON or Gap:

https://www.hanes.com/maskn2.html

The above are the "basic" ones; there are "stretch-to-fit" ones here:

https://www.hanes.com/p6hosm.html

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two; they cost more than I could spend right now, but I may get them for myself in the future.

If the ear loops are too long, my friend Rachel is putting plastic pony beads on the ends to make them adjustable for her girls. My friend Missy recommended a specific "mask cord adjuster" product, but I don't have link.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I haven’t tried them, but Athleta is now selling an active version that looks like it has adjustable ear straps in addition to their regular ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just received my masks from Athleta. These were the ones I got.
    https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content

They have a nose wire and adjustable ear straps. They're well made and I think with the adjustable straps I could get them to work with DS2 who is 13. I'm glad they included some gender neutral colors.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used the measuring chart at Adidas, looks like she will need a small, but unfortunately they are sold out in both colors right now. Her two bgreen masks will work for her summer practices (only 3 times a week until August 10), but if they need to wear them to school I will definitely need to get more! Are the Hanes ones sold in stores or do they have to be ordered online?

A friend bought a pack of masks at Sam's Club (maybe a 5 pack? I know I saw them in our store but didn't pay much attention) and she and her daughter were wearing them at last night's first practice, but they look like they would be too big for my daughter. She said they seemed to be pretty good quality and fit her, her daughter, and her husband well, so that may be another option for people to check out in stores.

Has anyone received the Disney masks yet? Curious how they run for sizing and quality?
    Last edited by ang79; 07-07-2020 at 02:09 PM.

I understand why you can't try on masks, but it's so frustrating that you can't try on masks. lol

I bought the kids masks at Target that are 2 for $4. DS put one on, and it didn't work. $4 down the drain just like that. The thing I'm realizing: DS has a cute little nose, but it's a cute little flat nose. A lot of masks just slide down and right off, whereas if he had a pointy nose, the mask would have something to "catch" on.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I understand why you can't try on masks, but it's so frustrating that you can't try on masks. lol

I bought the kids masks at Target that are 2 for $4. DS put one on, and it didn't work. $4 down the drain just like that. The thing I'm realizing: DS has a cute little nose, but it's a cute little flat nose. A lot of masks just slide down and right off, whereas if he had a pointy nose, the mask would have something to "catch" on.
    I feel the same way! I totally get it, but it's hard to find something that works well.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post

We got a set of those masks too and have a similar problem. At this point I just put them in the car for an “emergency”. I have a friend who makes them and the ones she made fit my kids perfectly. They are $7 a piece, but if they fit and my kids will wear them, then I guess it is worth it.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have been stalking the adidas masks. I wish they would get back in stock!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Who has found a good mask for the young and small kids? I'm beginning to think my kids just have super small faces -- the Target kids' masks are way to big for both my kids. The Mama Seamstress XS round mask fits my 8yo, but even that one is a bit big on my 5 yo. I have tie masks that work well for both my kids, but those won't be manageable if they need to do them by themselves at school, etc.
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    Who has found a good mask for the young and small kids? I'm beginning to think my kids just have super small faces -- the Target kids' masks are way to big for both my kids. The Mama Seamstress XS round mask fits my 8yo, but even that one is a bit big on my 5 yo. I have tie masks that work well for both my kids, but those won't be manageable if they need to do them by themselves at school, etc.
    The Hanna Andersson masks are really small. And I haven’t tried the ones from carters, but guessing they may also be smaller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast