Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

I think I prefer pleated. Old Navy is my favorite. I have 15 (three packs) and have to stop myself from buying more. I think the colors and designs are great and I like the new holiday/winter designs that were just released. I have a round head and face and don't wear glasses and they fit me really well, Occasionally, it will creep up my face some, but I just pull it down. I have one of the round ones from Mama Seamstress. I like it, but it covers much more of my face and was too hot for me this summer. I also don't have as much talking room -- my mouth can draw the fabric in. But DH doesn't have that trouble, and the full coverage doesn't bother him.

DS has a round mask from Mama Seamstress that I bought back in the spring, but it slides down his face. The one I'm having remade has a nose wire, and I want to see if that makes a difference. But I think he might be like a PP and round/contour masks just aren't a great fit for his face.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    Are most people preferring the pleated ones? I was having trouble with them because even with the nose wire it felt like it just sat right under my eyes whereas the fitted ones followed the contours of my face better and seemed more comfortable. I am just having trouble picking the best fitted ones and wonder if maybe I need to reconsider the pleated ones.

I’m having such a hard time picking masks. We did get the cat and Jack ones from target and they fit well after washing (and drying) twice. They shrunk up and it made for a better fit, but I don’t know if those are the best ones to get or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The round style fits my kids better. After trying various brands (and spending way too much money), DS1 prefers the Allett masks the best. I bought 1 Mama Seamstress mask for DS2 a few months ago and it fit him very well, so I ordered 2 more about a month ago. But the 2 new ones I got were just a bit smaller, and therefore pull at his ears. They will probably be fine for wearing a short amount of time but not for all day in school. We also got some masks from a local company and they fit DS2 well.

While I do like the Athleta pleated masks, it doesn't have a very strong nose wire so I find myself needing to adjust the mask more when I wear it. It would be perfect if they made it with a stronger metal wire.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    Are most people preferring the pleated ones? I was having trouble with them because even with the nose wire it felt like it just sat right under my eyes whereas the fitted ones followed the contours of my face better and seemed more comfortable. I am just having trouble picking the best fitted ones and wonder if maybe I need to reconsider the pleated ones....
    I think it depends.

I'm OK with them, but found ON's to be kinda big - the fit's pretty loose on me, but I have the older style without the adjusters. (Purchased mine in July.)

Target's shaped kind (I wear a S/M; the larger size is too big) is OK, but I felt like it moves too much with my nose, so the handful of Target ones I have are being left in the cars just in case we forget others.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For those waiting for MamaSeamstress - her shop is open again.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is anyone getting "mask accessories" for back to school/work? Things like ear savers and mask cords and mask boxes? Any positives and negatives there that you've seen?
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Is anyone getting "mask accessories" for back to school/work? Things like ear savers and mask cords and mask boxes? Any positives and negatives there that you've seen?
    A while back I bought some straps that Essence recommended from Amazon. DS2's school (hybrid) asked that the kids bring in ziploc baggies each day to set their mask in, so I sent him with the baggie and wearing the strap. Less than a week in, the principal requested that the kids have a strap or chain so they wouldn't drop the masks on the floor, lose the baggie, etc. DS2 has been using and really likes them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    A while back I bought some straps that Essence recommended from Amazon. DS2's school (hybrid) asked that the kids bring in ziploc baggies each day to set their mask in, so I sent him with the baggie and wearing the strap. Less than a week in, the principal requested that the kids have a strap or chain so they wouldn't drop the masks on the floor, lose the baggie, etc. DS2 has been using and really likes them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Yes, these are the ones we have. We each have a strap and wear it every time we wear our masks. We've had them for almost 4 months now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0882KNCG3..._7-VMFb1K82VAT

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD1 is 13 and plays modified soccer. They are required to wear a mask at all times during practice and games. She's worn her ON pleated and athleta masks but found she prefers the generic paper pleated mask with nose wire for soccer. She says she can breath easier while running and it doesn't get heavy like cotton does when it gets wet (she's played in the rain many times).

DD2 mostly wears the ON pleated mask in the kid's size.

I still prefer the Athleta pleated mask but agree that the nose wire isn't as strong as I'd like it to be. I also have pleated with nose wire from Gap which I like and my least favorite are the ON, no wire, but adjustable loops. I just find them big/bulky for my petite face. The Athleta material seems the most flexible and breathable.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19