Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the ideas for the over the head elastic masks!

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    They are temporarily closed due to an outbreak of covid in their factories. Not sure if they reopened. All three factories had to close as they had over 150 employees test positive.
    Wow, that is too bad! It looks like they can be purchased on the website, although I have gone through with the whole process. The honey bear ones are nice, but not really our style. I would really like to find some that have a pocket for filter, so if anyone knows of any other vendors, pls do post.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

LA Apparel is ordered to stay closed from the public health department. They reopened without permission. Over 350 cases and 4 workers have died. Workers say the work conditions there are not safe. I’d look elsewhere before ordering masks from there.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pzmommy View Post
    la apparel is ordered to stay closed from the public health department. They reopened without permission. Over 350 cases and 4 workers have died. Workers say the work conditions there are not safe. I’d look elsewhere before ordering masks from there.
    wow!!!!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Love the strap idea! Please post when you figure out exactly what you're going to use.
    I bought these and got them today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0882KNCG3/

They are perfect. Stretchy elastic, adjustable, and impossible for the mask ear loops to fall off the hook. They come in a 5 pack so we each got one, which will even be good for walks around the neighborhood since we can have our masks around our neck if there's no one around. They're also stretchy enough that I can hook them on the mask first and then just put it over my head. DS2 walked around with it and his mask around his neck today!

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I bought these and got them today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0882KNCG3/

They are perfect. Stretchy elastic, adjustable, and impossible for the mask ear loops to fall off the hook. They come in a 5 pack so we each got one, which will even be good for walks around the neighborhood since we can have our masks around our neck if there's no one around. They're also stretchy enough that I can hook them on the mask first and then just put it over my head. DS2 walked around with it and his mask around his neck today!
    Thanks for the recommendation! I just bought some. I really need this for DS2 because he needs to wear a mask to/from swim practice. It’s really hard to wear a mask and a swim cap at the same time (DS can’t put on a swim cap by himself so I have to send him in with a cap, goggles, and mask on )
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Adidas mask update:

I got the blue masks today and compared them to the black. They are both the same material and the blue is just as nice as our black ones. They are also the same size.

I got both sizes in the blue because I wanted to try them on DS2 who is 8. The xs/s fits him perfectly. The minute he put it on he said it was the best mask he's worn. I had DS1 (he’s 11.5) try it on and it was too tight. It didn't cover his face nearly as nice as the M/L did and it pulled right off of his ears. No way he could wear it more than a few minutes or it'd be right off. My kids do have big heads so I measured from the bridge of the nose to the bottom of the chin to help with any sizing questions. When they are wearing them the mask comes up farther on their nose than it does on the boy with the blue mask on (pictures on the M/L size on the website). It's more like the picture of the boy in the black mask. On me, the mask came slightly higher up than the picture of the boy in the blue shows but obviously lower than it does on their faces and fits me nice also. They seem to fit well for different face sizes.

DS1 - 4" (M/L fits best)
    DS2 - Just over 3" (XS/S fits)
    Me - 4.5" (M/L)

ETA I don’t know that height really matter but just trying to give you an idea of my kids’ sizes. Ds1 is 5’4” and just shy of 100lbs. Very tall and slim. Ds2 is in the 95% for height as well and also slim.
    Last edited by MSWR0319; 07-12-2020 at 10:18 AM.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wish they (Adidas)would come back in stock soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Adidas mask update:

I got the blue masks today and compared them to the black. They are both the same material and the blue is just as nice as our black ones. They are also the same size.

I got both sizes in the blue because I wanted to try them on DS2 who is 8. The xs/s fits him perfectly. The minute he put it on he said it was the best mask he's worn. I had DS1 try it on and it was too tight. It didn't cover his face nearly as nice as the M/L did and it pulled right off of his ears. No way he could wear it more than a few minutes or it'd be right off. My kids do have big heads so I measured from the bridge of the nose to the bottom of the chin to help with any sizing questions. When they are wearing them the mask comes up farther on their nose and closer to their eyes than the picture does, but fits them great and they don't seem to mind. On me, the mask came slightly higher up than the picture shows but obviously lower than it does on their faces and fits me nice also. They seem to fit well for different face sizes.

DS1 - 4" (M/L fits best)
    DS2 - Just over 3" (XS/S fits)
    Me - 4.5" (M/L)
    How old is your DS1?

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have a variety of masks I’ve bought. Aviator (the clothing company from LA) has great ones. DH likes them best. Easy wash and dry. Super silky soft material. A child with a more adult size face could wear these.

My kids like both the kid versions of the ON ones and the Athleta ones. The ON ones are tiny though. DD2, 10 and has a tiny face, likes the ON best. DD1, 13, likes the Athleta best.

I also have a set of adult Athleta and they are great. Adjustable ear loops and a nose wire. DD1 could probably wear the adult version too. Her face is about the same size as mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    How old is your DS1?
    Sorry, I forgot that part. He’s 11.5.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast