Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dang. Mask sizing is so strange. I think I must have a small face. I have a pack of surgical masks which only stay on if I wrap the ear loops around my pony tale instead of my ears!

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Has anyone found a mask that’s a good fit for a tween? Everything I’ve tried is too small or too big for DS1, who’s 11.5. We got the m/l Adidas masks and they are too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by jennilynn View Post
    Has anyone found a mask that’s a good fit for a tween? Everything I’ve tried is too small or too big for DS1, who’s 11.5. We got the m/l Adidas masks and they are too big.

I've struggled with my 10-year-old. I've found that if I cross the straps on an adult disposable, that works OK. But that's me doing it for him -- he struggles trying to do it himself. I found some on Etsy that were designed as a tween size and they do fit, but the fabric has gotten pretty flimsy after washing -- the fabric isn't stiff enough to hold its shape, so the mask just slides down his face.

Old Navy now has adult masks with adjustable ear loops. I think I might try these next. If they don't work, they weren't crazy expensive.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I forgot to come back and give comments on the Cat& Jack ones from Target. DS2 is really happy with them and they fit him well. He's 11.5, and has a narrow/smallish head. And at that price I'd be fine with outfitting him with a bunch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I forgot to come back and give comments on the Cat& Jack ones from Target. DS2 is really happy with them and they fit him well. He's 11.5, and has a narrow/smallish head. And at that price I'd be fine with outfitting him with a bunch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    I've tried these, too. I can't tell if they are too big or too small. lol They seem snug on his face (too small) but when he talks, they slide down (too big). Agh!!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The only masks that fit my 11 year old DS2 perfectly are the small MamaSeamstress round masks with nose wire. They're the only ones he wears.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If anyone wanted to try the adidas masks and didn’t get them yet, I have 3 black small ones that don’t work for my kids. One was tried on and tag cut out, all have been washed in All Free and Clear. I also have 2 navy kids masks from Target (the 2 for $4 ones, shaped but no nose wire). Same deal, tried on, don’t fit, washed. Pm if interested, will pass them on for cheaper than I paid, just to find them a home where they can be used!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuedeShoes View Post
    So, I ordered a mask from Mama Seamstress on etsy bc I saw it mentioned here. I like it. It fits well (although I wonder if I could've gone down a size; the medium seems a bit big for me). But it is so wrinkly after a trip through the washer. I line dried it, but have sent it through a fluff (with heat) in the dryer twice and it's still wrinkly. Way more wrinkly than my other all-cotton one I've been wearing (a neighbor made it). Do y'all iron yours? Or maybe the fabric I chose is just wrinklier (I got 014, black/white check).

I also bought the adidas M/L ones hoping they would fit my kids but nope. Out of 5 family members (medium husband, small me, large-ish 19 y.o. with beard, 15 y.o. small DD, 11 y.o. DS) they didn't fit anyone! So I've washed them to offer up on my neighborhood Buy Nothing group.

The only mask I've found to fit my daughter well is the Sock It To Me small/youth. Everything else is way too big.
    The MamaSeamstress masks are the only ones that work for my 8 yo -- we now have many different patterns as I wanted 5 for each of my kids. One thing I've noticed is that her masks are not all made from the same type of fabric....so perhaps the one you have is made from a fabric that wrinkles more easily? I do not iron our masks, but I do handwash them and line dry them (I messed up one of my masks -- made by someone else -- in the washer, so now I'm skittish about it). I will say that the seller is super responsive and helpful via messaging on Etsy, so if you want to order more she can probably help you make sure you pick a fabric that is less wrinkly.

Also as helpful info to anyone else who is considering ordering MamaSeamstress masks -- for fit info, the XS (labelled toddler size, apparently my kids have small faces!) fits both my average sized 8 year old DD and my big-for-her-age 5 yo DD. She is also going to be uploading new fabric options soon, but if you message her she'll send them to you and you can order the new options now.
    Lizi

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sent you a pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    If anyone wanted to try the adidas masks and didn’t get them yet, I have 3 black small ones that don’t work for my kids. One was tried on and tag cut out, all have been washed in All Free and Clear. I also have 2 navy kids masks from Target (the 2 for $4 ones, shaped but no nose wire). Same deal, tried on, don’t fit, washed. Pm if interested, will pass them on for cheaper than I paid, just to find them a home where they can be used!

Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

I just ordered more MamaSeamstress masks. DH has had to go back into the newsroom temporarily. Because the desks are so close, they have to keep a mask on and he says the Mama Seamstress are the most comfortable to him -- even better than the disposable. I also ordered DS another one. This time, I got them all with nose wires, which should help DH with his glasses and should give me something to try to fit around DS' nose.

I wonder why she is no longer making the pleated style? I know some here got those early on and said they ran a little smaller. I really wanted to try her version with DS. But they have been out of stock for a couple of months now.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast