Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    DH, DS1 (14 years old), and I all prefer these masks: https://www.all-ett.com/products/a-pack-of-2-masks

Although they're not cheap, they are the comfiest masks we have. I also own the Old Navy ones, and they're fine, but we all prefer the All-Ett masks. They have a very strong nose wire, so they stay in place. DH says they don't fog his glasses like the Old Navy ones do. They don't "collapse" when we breathe. I've gone on 2 hour walks wearing my All-Ett mask and felt totally fine. Sometimes I completely forget that I have it on.

We only own 5, so I plan to order more. If we send DS1 back to school in the fall, he will definitely want to wear these.
    I second the All-Ett masks. These were the first I bought months ago. It could have even been on wencit's recommendation. They are DH's favorite but too big for my face. I wish they had a size in between the kids and adult but I'm going to order some kids to see how they compare. Hopefully they will fit someone!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DH, DS1 (14 years old), and I all prefer these masks: https://www.all-ett.com/products/a-pack-of-2-masks

Although they're not cheap, they are the comfiest masks we have. I also own the Old Navy ones, and they're fine, but we all prefer the All-Ett masks. They have a very strong nose wire, so they stay in place. DH says they don't fog his glasses like the Old Navy ones do. They don't "collapse" when we breathe. I've gone on 2 hour walks wearing my All-Ett mask and felt totally fine. Sometimes I completely forget that I have it on.

We only own 5, so I plan to order more. If we send DS1 back to school in the fall, he will definitely want to wear these.
    What size did you get for a 14 year old? Adult?

DD (14) has one she made and one from Meijer and her biggest complaint is not being able to see well looking down, so I think a nose wire is necessary for her for sure. And well fitting.

I'm worried about the comfort on the ears too. If I don't drive them to school, it'll be 7am to 3:30pm in a mask, less lunch for 20 minutes. That is a long time. We will be practicing and working up to it in August, I am sure.
    Kris

KrisM, if you're considering disposable masks for your kids, I just saw this on Woot. $129.99 for a pack of 500 (26 cents per mask). That would last you a loooong time!

https://tools.woot.com/offers/face-m...8z3WcolsiJ9ILA
    Thanks! I'm considering this. I feel like they might be more comfortable than cloth. I don't know.
    Kris

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I may have to give these a try. I’m particularly interested in your comment that they don’t collapse. I’ve been wearing some from Sweaty Bands, which I really like. (They are 2-layer polyester and they seem less hot than all cotton in our hot/humid season.) However, now that they’ve been washed a number of times, the fabric has gotten a little softer and is starting to collapse, especially when I’m talking.

https://www.sweatybands.com/collecti...ce-masks-first

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I second the All-Ett masks. These were the first I bought months ago. It could have even been on wencit's recommendation. They are DH's favorite but too big for my face. I wish they had a size in between the kids and adult but I'm going to order some kids to see how they compare. Hopefully they will fit someone!
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    What size did you get for a 14 year old? Adult?

DD (14) has one she made and one from Meijer and her biggest complaint is not being able to see well looking down, so I think a nose wire is necessary for her for sure. And well fitting.

I'm worried about the comfort on the ears too. If I don't drive them to school, it'll be 7am to 3:30pm in a mask, less lunch for 20 minutes. That is a long time. We will be practicing and working up to it in August, I am sure.
    Regarding the size, I bought the adult ones because that's all they offered at the time. I didn't read the instructions very carefully and accidentally put them through the dryer on high heat the first time I cleaned them. I've since read that this may shrink them. They fit me and DS1 (14) just fine, but DH did mention yesterday that they pulled on his ears somewhat. So carolinamama, maybe you could try that and see if they fit your face better?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not sure you want them taking off, storing them, etc. Then you are storing a "dirty" mask. I am reading this thread with my mask that I started wearing on Monday, it's Wed, and I put it in a paper bag at work when I leave and use a different mask when out in the community. I have been doing this for months. I can't afford to just wear a mask for a half a day, and I much prefer a surgical mask vs cloth mask.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The research that I’ve read seems to indicate that surgical masks are more protective? Or maybe just that more testing has been done? I ordered pediatric surgical masks for my littles. Now I want to order some for me, DH and my big kids!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I'm not sure you want them taking off, storing them, etc. Then you are storing a "dirty" mask. I am reading this thread with my mask that I started wearing on Monday, it's Wed, and I put it in a paper bag at work when I leave and use a different mask when out in the community. I have been doing this for months. I can't afford to just wear a mask for a half a day, and I much prefer a surgical mask vs cloth mask.

Would you mind linking to the type of mask you’ve been using?

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post

I'm sorry, I'm not following. Are you saying they should or should not store them? You are storing and using over and over, but are suggesting we don't do that? I think I am misunderstanding.

The info for the state says disposable masks need to be disposed of each day and cloth masks need to be washed each day. So, they can't keep one in a locker for the week. They will have to take it off and store it short term to eat lunch. I was thinking it would be easier to put 2 bags into their lunches - one empty that they put the old one in and one with a new/clean mask in it for after lunch. They can bring both bags home and we'd toss or wash the used mask.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    We don't know yet if we'll need masks. However, I'm thinking disposables might be comfortable for all day. I wore one for 2.5 hours when I got my hair done, and I'm not sure a fabric one would have been as comfortable for that long. DS saw someone wearing a disposable the other day and said he wanted one. The adult versions are too big, but the kid ones i see on Amazon seem too small (and have bad reviews). I might need to get some ear adjusters and have him try the adult.

We have the Old Navy kids masks, but they are slightly too small. And the adult is too big. I just ordered from an Etsy seller who's advertising a tween size, so I hope they work.

I'm not considering face shields. I don't think they would be ideal for PE or sports.
    The adult disposable masks are slightly too big on DS2, so I tied a knot at the end of the elastic for a tighter fit.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast