Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    I'm curious, where are you buying surgical masks? None of the disposable masks I find say they are surgical. They seem to be 3-ply paper masks that are simply disposable, not necessarily as protective as a surgical mask.

Way before the pandemic started, I bought some anti-viral disposable face masks at Target. I vaguely remember reading on the box that they had some protective properties (they blocked such-and-such size particles), so perhaps they were the same kind of surgical masks that medical staff use? Of course, they're no longer available anywhere. Here is what the box looked like:

Attachment 5065

I'm just wondering if people are using the terms "disposable" and "surgical" interchangeably? Or if I'm missing out, and people are really able to buy surgical masks?
    Oh I don’t know! That was the search term I used for amazon and that’s what I bought! I assumed it was the 3ply folded nature and the fit that made them effective. I heard about a study that showed good protection against spreading viral particles from the Science Vs. podcast. I honestly don’t know if mine are “real” surgical masks or if that’s a thing?

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I’ve got some coming from Adidas to try for DS. They’re supposed to be lightweight and breathable. I’ll post back when they get here. They’re fairly reasonable and if they work I’ll get more of those.
    i ordered some for DS too. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow even though their website showed shipping delays. I ordered them on Tuesday.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I really love the mama seamstress masks, but they tend to run big (like I can wear the kids size, my 8 to can wear the toddler). I wonder if a kid size would be the right fit?
    I have also found the round shaped mama seamstress masks run large. This morning I wore a kid sized dinosaur print one that I ordered for my son but it was too big for him. I can also wear the smaller adult size, though it is a little big. The kid size would probably be great for a petite 12 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    i ordered some for DS too. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow even though their website showed shipping delays. I ordered them on Tuesday.
    Can you post how they work? Ours are arriving as well tomorrow but we are at the lake. As goofy as it sounds, I'm kinda excited to get them and hope they fit him well. I think they must be shipping in batches or something because I ordered ours last early last week and they shipped yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    Has anyone found a good tween size mask? DD (age 12) is petite, so teen sizes are too big for her. I am looking for both disposable and washable ones for her but I am not having any luck.
    I'm having the same issue with my 10-year-old DS. The small, round Mama Seamstress mask fits him well, but I think it's a bit warm, especially now that we're moving into summer. I wore mine yesterday for the first time in three weeks, and my face got pretty hot. It is easy to breathe through, though.

I just ordered from a store on Etsy that was advertising tween sizes. These are the pleated style. I'll let you know if they fit and seem suited for warmer weather.

I'm also interested to hear more about the Adidas masks. I saw a photo of some kids wearing them at an AAU basketball game this weekend (outside, but not during the game).
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    Has anyone found a good tween size mask? DD (age 12) is petite, so teen sizes are too big for her. I am looking for both disposable and washable ones for her but I am not having any luck.
    The MamaSeamstress small round masks fit my 11 year old DS2 perfectly. He has 2 so far.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    If those are the exact words from the plan it says "may" not "must". I interpret this as homemade masks are fine and you don't need store bought ones, not that only homemade are allowed. And I would think any kind of disposable masks should be fine.

Yeah, I finally figured that out as well. I was completely misunderstanding it. That's good.
    Kris

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just got a package of the Sweaty Bands ones - they are nice but BE SURE you are getting the S/M size. I thought all the ones I ordered were, but two of the ones we received are clearly larger and only fit DH not me or any of the kids (even the 6'1" rising sophomore). Luckily most came in the small size I intended to buy. No wire, but fit is decent and they seem easy to breath through compared to our cotton weave fabric ones.

"

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    I just got a package of the Sweaty Bands ones - they are nice but BE SURE you are getting the S/M size. I thought all the ones I ordered were, but two of the ones we received are clearly larger and only fit DH not me or any of the kids (even the 6'1" rising sophomore). Luckily most came in the small size I intended to buy. No wire, but fit is decent and they seem easy to breath through compared to our cotton weave fabric ones.

"
    The sweaty band ones have been my favorite of all the ones I’ve ordered and tried.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    The sweaty band ones have been my favorite of all the ones I’ve ordered and tried.
    I previously liked the organic cotton BGREEN masks but as the weather has gotten hotter, I really find the fabric on the Sweaty Bands masks much more comfortable.

One caution: they now have a couple of styles. The original style (called "first") does not have any wire etc but it has good coverage and very comfy. The newer style ("fresh") does have a plastic nose clip thingy but is a bit shorter nose-to-chin. I haven’t had the fresh one long enough to be sure which I prefer. And now I see they have an additional new style ("extra") which is only a single layer, unlike the others.

Anyway, like PZMommy, these are my current favorites. My only objection is, when people comment on them and ask where they can order some, i kind of cringe when I reply Sweaty Bands!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast