Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I would still tell my friends that you saw family without masks recently and that he had a cough. Many cases have happened from small family or friend parties and one asymptomatic person exposing others. I would not be socializing with friends this weekend if it was me and I would want to know if I was one of your friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I would still tell my friends that you saw family without masks recently and that he had a cough. Many cases have happened from small family or friend parties and one asymptomatic person exposing others. I would not be socializing with friends this weekend if it was me and I would want to know if I was one of your friends.

I will tell them (waiting for a call back), and if they decide to avoid seeing us, we are fine with that. The plan is just to get together for a cookout outside, no going in houses and not sitting close to each other (being strictly outside was my condition for meeting up with them). With as hot as it is supposed to be, I don't think the visit will be an all day thing like we normally do when we see them. Our 90 degree heat is starting to put a damper and meeting people outside!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post

This exactly. We are being told to not get together with anyone outside of our house. I’m sure many won’t follow those rules, but that is part of what has gotten us into this mess.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    This exactly. We are being told to not get together with anyone outside of our house. I’m sure many won’t follow those rules, but that is part of what has gotten us into this mess.
    You have many more cases in your area though. My county is doing OK with cases and they county they live in has even less cases (as it is a much more rural place). Our state guidance is now to wear a mask anytime you go out, unless you are outside and can maintain a 6 ft. or more distance, which is what we will try to do. As much as I've been a stickler for following the rules, I also see a need to have some socializing in a safe manner, especially for my kids' sake. We wear masks or we are outside with distance in small groups maybe once a week. The rest of the time the kids are home and DH and I only go to the store when needed, always with masks on and washing hands immediately after. I think the uptick in cases is most likely from parties with lots of people (think Memorial Day, graduation, etc.), inside bars and restaurants where people are too close and not wearing masks, summer travel, and in places where people were not wearing masks in buildings. At least that has been what the contact tracing around here in neighboring counties with rises has shown.
    Last edited by ang79; 07-02-2020 at 05:19 PM.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If it might be allergies, at least take OTC allergy meds to see if it helps. If it's not helping, yes I'd definitely get tested. You can have covid19 and be asymptomatic. I'd rather know and be aware, for the sake of the rest of the family and who else may have been exposed, then not be aware. Testing is readily available, if not a drive up, most health systems can put in a doctor's order for you for a drive up testing center. Results take 1-5 days depending on where the tests are processed.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    If it might be allergies, at least take OTC allergy meds to see if it helps. If it's not helping, yes I'd definitely get tested. You can have covid19 and be asymptomatic. I'd rather know and be aware, for the sake of the rest of the family and who else may have been exposed, then not be aware. Testing is readily available, if not a drive up, most health systems can put in a doctor's order for you for a drive up testing center. Results take 1-5 days depending on where the tests are processed.
    Yes, the doctor has told DS2 to do his nasal spray at night to help with post nasal drip the following morning.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3