Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reality Bites

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I loved that movie, and will say that I totally fell for the a...hole Ethan Hawke. He was damaged and mean, but I felt like ultimately he cared and came around. And she fell for the bad boy. I don't think they'll get married, but I fell for that kind of guy once, and loved seeing it work out (I was not as lucky!).

I totally related to them. The angst, all of it. Watched it recently and couldn't tear myself away. And the beginning of video mashups and Ben Stiller really not getting their life and lifestyle, which was much more my lifestyle (still probably is) - I thought it was spot on. She wanted to like him, but they just weren't going to see eye to eye.

Just my take!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    Interestingly I read somewhere years ago that she wasn't supposed to pick either man at the end, she was supposed to pick herself.

Would have been a much better ending.
    Agree, that would have been the best ending. But I found Ben Stiller endearing in this movie.

Interesting. Haven't seen it for years, but have a friend who worked on the film. Ethan Hawke was even more irresistible in person. Lots of cute stories about him, and his "grunge".
    I'll have to watch it with my teen daughter. I, actually, have a signed original script! I will have to skim the ending and see what happens in the script.
    I love Ethan Hawke- he's in really cute movie with Rose Byrne and Chris O'Down, Juliet Naked. I love all three of them in this cute rom-com.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2