Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thermometer Recommendations

Has anyone found one that is both easy to use and reliable? With both camp and schools requiring that I report my kids' temperatures on a daily basis, I thought I should look into "upgrading." I've never found one that I've been particularly happy with.

no recs but also looking to upgrade ours - DD got sent home from camp yesterday with a fever of 99 that we were never able to reproduce, and I've always been a bit suspicious of our thermometer, or that we don't know how to use it correctly.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have had good luck with this one from Braun, https://www.cvs.com/shop/braun-therm...prodid-1170180 . I briefly tried an Exergen temporal thermometer years ago when DD2 was little, but found the Braun to be way more accurate on a regular basis. I just bought a new Braun in January and overall it seems to be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I found the Equate brand ear thermometer a couple of weeks ago at a local Walmart for about $30. I can't see it on their website now though. Our Costco Exergen temporal thermometer gave up the ghost a few years ago, too.
    DS 2/09

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My mom was funny today when I had to ask her for a thermometer because she wanted us to be soooo careful about her only remaining glass mercury thermometer. She doesn't think any others are as accurate and I have also had issues with digital ones so I tend to agree.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No real suggestions, but I wondered whether anyone had any experience with the new forehead WAND thermometer from Thermoworks.
    https://www.thermoworks.com/wand

I have had very good experiences with a variety of Thermoworks products, as have some other BBBers. I have no need at all for this, but a largish family who needs to document daily temps might find it useful.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    No real suggestions, but I wondered whether anyone had any experience with the new forehead WAND thermometer from Thermoworks.
    https://www.thermoworks.com/wand

I have had very good experiences with a variety of Thermoworks products, as have some other BBBers. I have no need at all for this, but a largish family who needs to document daily temps might find it useful.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    This is the one we bought. Seems accurate, but none of us has been sick in months.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    Has anyone found one that is both easy to use and reliable? With both camp and schools requiring that I report my kids' temperatures on a daily basis, I thought I should look into "upgrading." I've never found one that I've been particularly happy with.
    We have a Braun ThermoScan ear-placed one, but it won't work without lens covers and those have been IMPOSSIBLE to find.

Other than that, it's easy to use and pretty accurate, but I prefer a plain digital with a mega-pack of probe covers and an easily-replaceable battery.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I have had good luck with this one from Braun, https://www.cvs.com/shop/braun-therm...prodid-1170180 . I briefly tried an Exergen temporal thermometer years ago when DD2 was little, but found the Braun to be way more accurate on a regular basis. I just bought a new Braun in January and overall it seems to be accurate.
    I am pretty sure that this is the one we have; I have to check the batteries because we ran out of lens covers a while ago.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    My mom was funny today when I had to ask her for a thermometer because she wanted us to be soooo careful about her only remaining glass mercury thermometer. She doesn't think any others are as accurate and I have also had issues with digital ones so I tend to agree.
    I am also very protective of my mercury thermometer. It is the one I use when I want to know my temperature....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast