Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Smoothie blender

If you were looking for a blender for smoothies and a vitamix is out of budget, what’s the next best choice? TIA

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have had great luck with Waring commercial model called NuBlend that we got at a restaurant supply store. They are made for bartenders to use, and only have two speeds. However - it is indestructible and we have abused the heck out of it. Very easy to clean, too!

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We were given a nutri-bullet and my DH uses it almost daily for smoothies! We also have a Ninja blender and while it is powerful and works well for some recipes, it doesn't blend very smoothly. We're in this weird position where because we can't afford a Vitamix we're just keeping the two very different blenders that we have!

At least 4 years ago, I wanted a blender for smoothies but was having trouble pulling the trigger on a Vitamix. I saw the Ninja Professional in Target and grabbed it on a whim one day. It is still going strong and we make smoothies weekly or more.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love my Ninja system that I got a few years ago from Costco. It’s a blender and food processor and comes with individual jars too. We make a lot of smoothies with frozen fruit and greens and it blends it all smooth with no problems.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

the Ninja auto-IQ blender. I got one for my mom last year and it's pretty good. it was like $80-something at Bed Bath and Beyond. the individual jars thing is great. i ended up getting one for myself too (even though i have a Vitamix and a Blendtec). Yes, i am a bit of a blender/smoothie fiend i use at least one of them every day.

the Ninja is great for single-serve smoothies (or for 2 people). i used that a lot even though i had a vitamix and blendtec bc of the indivudal jar that i could just take to work. then i ended up getting single-serve adapter /containers for Vitamix so i could use that.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-03-2020 at 09:45 PM.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a Hamilton Beach 24.99 blender, been making smoothies for years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think it was DietCokeLover who got the Instant Pot branded blender? I think that's what I would do if I was buying again. Honestly, although Vitamix is a great product, I've been disillusioned ever since that recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I think it was DietCokeLover who got the Instant Pot branded blender? I think that's what I would do if I was buying again. Honestly, although Vitamix is a great product, I've been disillusioned ever since that recall.
    It was me. And I really like this blender. I bought it from Walmart where I think it is normally around $99, but I got mine for $69. It's been great for smoothies and milk shakes this summer.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    ...I saw the Ninja Professional in Target and grabbed it on a whim one day. It is still going strong and we make smoothies weekly or more.
    I wanted that one, but DH, seeing how I was making smoothies for DD thought I would prefer a single-serve canister one and ... I do not.

I'm still using my glass-pitcher Oster that MIL and I picked out a Walmart over a decade ago instead.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast