Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OP here...

So my doctors office finally just got back to me and will schedule a test for tomorrow if I want one. My gut says do it and get it over with then you will know, but results will be two to five days and I need to see my parents sooner than 5 days! Ugh... I HATE This!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    OP here...

So my doctors office finally just got back to me and will schedule a test for tomorrow if I want one. My gut says do it and get it over with then you will know, but results will be two to five days and I need to see my parents sooner than 5 days! Ugh... I HATE This!
    It might be worth it for the peace of mind. Even with the false negatives and that it only tells you you are negative the moment of the test. If doing a test lessens your worry, id do it.

The mayor of Atlanta just tested positive and thought she just had her normal allergy symptoms. Covid is showing up in so many different ways it is maddening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

OP here...

I just talked to DH who thinks I am insane fore even considering testing since we never go ANYWHERE! He is right, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been anywhere in the last two months. I am as careful as humanly possible! The chances are slim to none. DH puts my chances of having Covid as significantly less than 0.5%. We live in a place where the numbers are currently low, positive test rate is under 2%.

Today I am feeling better, just exhausted because the allergy meds gave me insomnia for two nights, I am on about 4 hours sleep for 48 hours so my decision making skills are not great.

I spoke with the nurse this morning who essentially said that my symptoms "could" indicate Covid, but my risk is very, very low. She has ordered the test, but told me I can always wait to schedule it. While she confirmed it's possible, she did not even hint at "you should really do the test". She essentially said it is up to me. Do I test tomorrow? Results take 2 to 8 days, by the three day mark, I will have seen my parents.

I can't put off seeing me folks on the off chance it's positive..... No fever, no cough (except to clear throat), no shortness of breath.... Only symptoms: post nasal drip, itchy eyes, itchy ears, some mild congestion...

What would you do?

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OP here...

I just talked to DH who thinks I am insane fore even considering testing since we never go ANYWHERE! He is right, I can count on one hand the number of times I have been anywhere in the last two months. I am as careful as humanly possible! The chances are slim to none. DH puts my chances of having Covid as significantly less than 0.5%. We live in a place where the numbers are currently low, positive test rate is under 2%.

Today I am feeling better, just exhausted because the allergy meds gave me insomnia for two nights, I am on about 4 hours sleep for 48 hours so my decision making skills are not great.

I spoke with the nurse this morning who essentially said that my symptoms "could" indicate Covid, but my risk is very, very low. She has ordered the test, but told me I can always wait to schedule it. While she confirmed it's possible, she did not even hint at "you should really do the test". She essentially said it is up to me. Do I test tomorrow? Results take 2 to 8 days, by the three day mark, I will have seen my parents.

I can't put off seeing me folks on the off chance it's positive..... No fever, no cough (except to clear throat), no shortness of breath.... Only symptoms: post nasal drip, itchy eyes, itchy ears, some mild congestion...

What would you do?
    Do your parents rely on you for food or medication? Are they in town only for one day? If I thought there was a possibility I could have it, I wouldn’t go near my parents.

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would take the tests. There is no harm in taking it. I took one recently because of summer plans. I anxiously awaited the results but had no symptoms other than some allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Do your parents rely on you for food or medication? Are they in town only for one day? If I thought there was a possibility I could have it, I wouldn’t go near my parents.
    They have a once in a decade event next week. With Covid, we will be the only family in attendance! We had planned to stay together for a day or two! This is a HUGE deal for them. They will be completely devastated if we are not there! We have all been completely "quarantined" for almost a month just to get to this event. Truly I have only left my yard for two trips to the store and a doctor's appointment that my PC insisted on to rule out a possible issue (and swore it was safe). Even my primary care says it is incredibly unlikely that i have covid! She will test if I want, but is definitely not pushing it and agrees that forgoing the test is not unreasonable!

I have decided to wait until morning to see how I feel and then decide.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

yes then, just get tested and if negative and no change in symptoms, go. Don't worry!
    K

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They have a once in a decade event next week. With Covid, we will be the only family in attendance! We had planned to stay together for a day or two! This is a HUGE deal for them. They will be completely devastated if we are not there! We have all been completely "quarantined" for almost a month just to get to this event. Truly I have only left my yard for two trips to the store and a doctor's appointment that my PC insisted on to rule out a possible issue (and swore it was safe). Even my primary care says it is incredibly unlikely that i have covid! She will test if I want, but is definitely not pushing it and agrees that forgoing the test is not unreasonable!

I have decided to wait until morning to see how I feel and then decide.
    In that case I would roll the dice and go as planned. Chances are low that you have it to pass on.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OP here...

Just take the test. You may get lucky and get the results back sooner. My mom and I have been tested twice in the past month and both times they said results would take 3-5 days. The first test results we got back in less than 24 hours and the second test results we got back before 48 hours. Both negative. I also have a dry itchy throat almost nightly. Seems related to allergies and my constant use of ceiling fans.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Thanks all... I did end up getting tested. The results were negative, thankfully. Especially since the results took 8 days and the event was over by the time I found out... We did go, but I avoided EVERYONE. It was horrendous.

Of course, we have since found out that my parents are seeing their friends who are seeing their friends and family. I have read them the riot act (not that they are listening). Their friends kids have read their parents the riot act! It's crazy! The elderly understand at one level, but think that they are safe with certain people, who think they are safe with other people... ARGH! My mother said she was Covid safe, but rode in a car with a friend who had just been at an event with 25 people!

It's crazy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2