Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default I am so done with Covid!!!

I don't mind things being cancelled! I don't mind staying home almost all the time! I don't mind wearing a mask when out!

I am so done with the worrying about ever little thing! Every little cough, throat clearing, runny nose, stomach issue; there is too much worry!!!! I have woken up the last few days with a mild cough, post nasal drip, ect...in other words... allergies! Now I am worried (especially since I had to have an in-person medical appointment last week and I was not comfortable with the protocol I saw)! DC has a throat clearing tic as part of Tourettes, every day I feel their head and worry! DH is not as concerned and is less likely to wash hands or use sanitizer...I worry! When will the worrying end?

DC can't see her neighborhood friends without a mask, they can't visit each others indoor pets (we have a couple of escape artists)!

We are supposed to go on vacation with my parents at the beginning of August, I am terrified of one of us getting sick before then and having to cancel or passing the virus along!

We are very fortunate that we are financially stable (at least for now) and that we can socially distance.

I am just tired and do not see any end to this. We are well over 100 days and counting... When will all the horrible worrying end???

I’m feeling the same way especially this week.

We all had to go get tested for covid because DS1 daycare notified us that they had a positive case. DS2 and I both have coughs from what we all assumed was allergies and likely still still is.

As I have said before, DH and I are both essential workers so daycare isn’t an option, it’s a necessity.

I really don’t know what to do anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    I’m feeling the same way especially this week.

We all had to go get tested for covid because DS1 daycare notified us that they had a positive case. DS2 and I both have coughs from what we all assumed was allergies and likely still still is.

As I have said before, DH and I are both essential workers so daycare isn’t an option, it’s a necessity.

I really don’t know what to do anymore.

Ugh... Hope you are all okay! Thank you for being an essential worker!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I normally stress all of RSV/flu season due to my son’s health issues. Covid has taken it to an all new level. We’ve been staying home, but the one time I had to go pack up my classroom I got a call two days later a coworker had tested positive. I had a breakdown because we had literally not left the house for 2 months, and this was the only time I had gone out. I’m having so much anxiety for the fall. I just want this stress and anxiety to go away!!!

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Yes to all of this. The worry, worry, worry. DH is not a worrier, but I am and I feel like it is driving him a little crazy (and I get annoyed because he is not worried and on it goes). Worry about kids, parents, community. What will happen in the fall. Each cough, sore throat, muscle ache. I need to remind myself that Covid is not necessarily a death sentence- just take reasonable precautions and do the best I can. It's just this low level dread all the time. We are in this for the long haul.....

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The worry doesn't get me. We have found out what works for us on that front. But, I am sad and frustrated for ds1. He lost all the great parts of senior year (especially his lead role in the musical) but he lost his senior summer trip, the school is about to cancel their senior send-off that they had hoped would be ok (scheduled it back in April for end of July, thinking optimistically!) and now it looks like college might move totally remote (aka staying home). It was all ok when there were things still to look forward to but those are all fizzling away.

All of our covid tests came back negative and while I know the failure rate of the tests, I feel like if we had it then at least one of the tests would have had something.

That being said, we are all sick with our typical sinus crud and my anxiety level is super high. None of us have fevers, just the wet allergy nasal drip cough.

DS2 will have to go back to daycare, he is just too little for us to take care of while trying to work full time, but DS1 will now be back home full time since his daycare was the one with the positive case and he is old enough to manage himself now.

The terrible thing about that is that DS1 will not leave me alone while I’m working. He constantly interrupts me and it’s a struggle to keep him busy. I have tried everything mentioned here, it’s just a nightmare. He CRAVES interaction with other people and I just can’t do that while working full time.

I am so so so so tired of this. I’m exhausted, I’m emotionally spent. I was an introvert always, but now I’m just missing our old life. This new normal is garbage.

~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    All of our covid tests came back negative and while I know the failure rate of the tests, I feel like if we had it then at least one of the tests would have had something.

That being said, we are all sick with our typical sinus crud and my anxiety level is super high. None of us have fevers, just the wet allergy nasal drip cough.
    I am so glad that your tests came back negative!!! I have the same "hay fever" type symptoms. Since Sunday, I have been trying to schedule a test, I just e-mailed my doctor to see how to do so. I have been to the grocery store once and one medical appointment in the last three weeks and we live in a location where the numbers are down. However, I need to see my parents regularly...

DH keeps saying "you don't have covid" and while he is probably right, I am a worrier and am panicking. It doesn't help that I have not been able to reach my doctors office in the last three days !

We had a “is it covid” scare today. DS2 presented with stomach ache and fever (101+). And he’s been congested lately, which I assumed was allergies. We ended up taking him to the special pediatric urgent care for kids with fevers, and it turns out he has a UTI. I’ve never been so happy to hear “we found blood in his urine” before. He has not been within 6 feet of a child who isn’t his sibling since March 13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    I need to remind myself that Covid is not necessarily a death sentence- just take reasonable precautions and do the best I can. It's just this low level dread all the time. We are in this for the long haul.....
    This is exactly how I'm feeling! We've been home so much and I feel like I should be doing all these things like purging, cleaning, etc. yet many days I just can't get motivated. I think my worrying is driving DH a bit crazy too. It's not that he doesn't worry but he's worrying about slightly different things and he doesn't show it like me.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast