Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    You pay 600/ month for roughly 10 hours of care a week? So assuming 40/hrs month about $15/he at the Y? That's seems unreal.
    Yes! Cost of living here is quite high! You get a bit of a break if you do before and after care, but the district allows kids 2nd grade and up to stay in the school yard for free until 6pm, so most families just do that for after school. (There is an adult yard supervisor for emergencies) I’ve never done the summer or winter camps, as we don’t have a need, but it is ridiculously expensive. A few years back I received an award for my volunteer work with the Y and I joked if I could get a break on the child care costs instead of the dinner and plaque.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Our Y rates out here are nearly double that! I pay $600 a month for the Y for just before school care!
    Wow! We were paying $435 a month for after care from 2:30 to 6:30 (although I was usually there by 5:45 at the latest) M-F. I think morning care was an extra $100 to $150 per month.

Another bonus for the full day programs run by the YMCA or other local agency you can use DCA accounts where as you can then write off the childcare costs on your taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We pay $250 a month for aftercare at the Y. That plan also covers all teacher workdays, holidays including most of winter break, snow/weather days and spring break.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Wow! We were paying $435 a month for after care from 2:30 to 6:30 (although I was usually there by 5:45 at the latest) M-F. I think morning care was an extra $100 to $150 per month.

Another bonus for the full day programs run by the YMCA or other local agency you can use DCA accounts where as you can then write off the childcare costs on your taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Problem is that many have already maxed this out. At $5k it doesn't go far. I wish that would be addressed.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

This article is written from a social justice angle, but it also touches on so much we have discussed over the last few months in many threads on this board.

https://medium.com/@shaylargriffin/i...s-b7b7f32e11df
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15