Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mine does have fencing class 2x a week and a hockey lesson, but other than that...he plays xbox online with his friends, we swim in our pool, he will ride his bike, but he mostly loves to watch anime and read his anime books and arrange his anime figures. He does have some summer math to get started on and needs to pick a book off the school list too.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Almost daily runs, tons of fortnite, some zoom workouts and now baseball and tennis.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My girls are working through pre algebra and do some cooking, housework, art, reading each day. We swim when we can and that’s been about it, other than TV.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My MS boys are going into 9th and 7th. My Dd is going into 7th. They all have stuff they must do each day before screen time.

One hour of exercise of some type
    One or 2 hour or outdoor chores (DH supervises this)
    At least an hour on the online summer courses I’ve signed them up for.
    Keep rooms picked up

The boys play fortnite or Zelda for 2 hours every night with their friends. All 4 of my kids play Minecraft together at home. My Dd organizes a daily FaceTime call with 2 of her girlfriends. They spend a lot of time talking about birds and their pets.
    Once or twice a week all family members need to make a dish for the family. They give me the recipe and I shop for the groceries.
    Once a week we have a massive laundry sorting/folding/ hanging project

With the rest of his time, DS2 (9h grade) is building skateboard ramps for our driveway and wake surfing with his older brother who isn’t working much right now due to a COVID19 scare with his coworkers. We drop him off about once per week at the skatepark to hang out with his friends.

With the rest of his time, Ds3 (7th grade) watches YouTube videos, does puzzles and helps me around the house and garden.

DD was accepted into her dance school’s PreProfessional program and spends a lot of time in her room dancing. When she isn’t dancing or doing her daily requirements she is texting her friends, baking for her pop-up cookie store she runs with a friend every week, or helping me with our girl’s club or our garden. She was just voted in as Senior Patrol Leader of her new BSA scouts troupe and she organized our camp-out.

My boys and DH are preparing for their July Boy Scout camps. They had a high-adventure hiking trip planned to Philmont but it’s been postponed to next year. So DH and all 3 boys are going canoeing and camping in the Minnesota Boundary waters. They are planning for that toward the end of the month. I really hoped the summer would be a little lazier than it is but I must be in the minority around here.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 07-06-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have 11 yr. old and 13 yr. old girls. They play well together, so a lot of their time is spent building legos together. They also practice instruments, play with the dog/take for walks, help with chores, do crafts, read, play board games and card games, Facetime with friends (13 yr. old just chats, 11 yr. old plays battleship or does virtual escape rooms with friends over Facetime), and helping to cook full meals for dinner. About once a week we try to meet up with extended family or friends outside for ice cream, swimming, or walk around a park. They also dug out our old Wii when quarantine started, so they play that some. They came up with the idea that we would have out own Wii Olympics since the Olympics were canceled this year. We are one teams (2 girls vs. DH and I) and each person is assigned different sports to play each night, so that has been entertaining. We have also started having Disney Sundays. They pick a Disney movie each week and plan costumes to wear for characters from the movie and we make a themed snack and watch the movie Sunday evening. I feel very fortunate that they get along so well and entertain each other so well!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

my 11 almost 12 year old is playing a lot of video games, hanging out with his brother (14 almost 15). This week they are going to take surfing lessons for a few times a week for a few weeks. I will be giving him reading (my sister is here visiting to this will start next week).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 13 year old likes to read, play video games, sports (a lot of backyard soccer and shooting baskets on our basketball goal), and a little tv.

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Mine does have fencing class 2x a week and a hockey lesson, but other than that...he plays xbox online with his friends, we swim in our pool, he will ride his bike, but he mostly loves to watch anime and read his anime books and arrange his anime figures. He does have some summer math to get started on and needs to pick a book off the school list too.
    What anime shows does he like? I would be interested in getting a list of best anime shows for middle schoolers.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My 6th grader is on two baseball teams, so he has been really busy with baseball. Otherwise, I have been having him do some reading several times a week, since he is my kid who doesn't like reading. He needs to brush up on his multiplication tables too, so I am going to have him work on a few worksheets as practice. School starts for us the last week of August.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a rising 7th grader and 2nd grader. Both do taekwondo 3 times a week. In addition DS1 has a music lesson once a week. They read, practice music, math and do duolingo daily. DS 2 watches nature videos daily for learning provided through school, netflix etc.

We try to bike or walk a few times a week. They play board games, badminton etc with DH at least once a week. DS1 calls his friends almost daily. DS2 is missing out on socialization though. He's had a few playdate invites but I don't feel comfortable with that. DS1 has seen friends socially distanced at a friend's event.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2