Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default When company doesn’t recall

Car issues continue

Our 2012 dodge caravan has issues with BOTH doors. One door is stuck closed and can’t be opened which is a safety risk IMO. When I googled this I found SO many people having the same issue with their dodge vans and saying there should be a recall but there hasn’t been. The dealership has quoted us $1300 dollars for a fix! This is on top of $1600 we just paid on electronic issues. This van has had so many things go wrong and I am so fed up!!!

is there anyway of forcing a company to recall or would I have to, like, sue them?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Contact your state representative and see if they can research the issue. Not sure how warranty or recall issues are done in South Carolina, but our here in California any recall complaints go to the air quality board and they research the issue and then authorize the recall. I know this because my husband works on this program for the entire state. Good luck but I would start with your state representative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan and it was the biggest piece of junk!!! I ended up trading it in a few years later on an upside down loan because I could no longer trust it to get me to and from work, much less take it on the freeway. I will never own another dodge brand car.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I had a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan and it was the biggest piece of junk!!! I ended up trading it in a few years later on an upside down loan because I could no longer trust it to get me to and from work, much less take it on the freeway. I will never own another dodge brand car.
    I'm so done with Dodge!

Thank you Annie for the info that is super helpful!

We also have had two horrible Dodges including a 2012 caravan. Luckily the doors are okay for now but we bought an Odyssey and kept it as a third vehicle for now because it wasn't worth trading in and pre-covid my mom drove my kids to school on days that I worked and needed a vehicle that could fit 4. I wouldn't expect much from the company unfortunately. Also every time we had an issue with something with them, we would find that the same thing kept being an issue after being repaired. (The window motor in my driver side window broke...2x.) DH had a Dodge Journey and a sensor went out that caused it to suddenly stop driving on the highway (dangerous!) - same sensor went out again and even having the fixed at different repair shops still had the same issue.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ask the dealership to contact Dodge corporate office to see if they will provide any assistance for the repair. I had 2 different issues with my Honda Pilot and the dealership contacted them as it was an issue they were seeing in other cars. They didn’t issue a recall but paid for the repair. In the 2nd issue they extended the warranty because it was a “known issue”. Not significant enough I guess for a full recall but something they realized they needed to address.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Ask the dealership to contact Dodge corporate office to see if they will provide any assistance for the repair. I had 2 different issues with my Honda Pilot and the dealership contacted them as it was an issue they were seeing in other cars. They didn’t issue a recall but paid for the repair. In the 2nd issue they extended the warranty because it was a “known issue”. Not significant enough I guess for a full recall but something they realized they needed to address.
    Thank you. We will try this.

No luck. I talked to dodge guy and he suggested I call Dodge directly. I did so and said everything I could think to say and they did nothing.

I guess next step is to blog my frustration across the internet.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    No luck. I talked to dodge guy and he suggested I call Dodge directly. I did so and said everything I could think to say and they did nothing.

I guess next step is to blog my frustration across the internet.
    Also try contacting your local news station and see if they have a community service or investigative news department. Complain to the local BBB as well.

Look up your state’s lemon laws as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)