Default Just had my house cleaner back after 3.5 months.....

...and it feels so good, I can't believe it.

I just keep going from room to room and taking it all in.

We're in, what was one of the most hardest areas hit in the country, and now we are at very low transmission rates...so figured now was the time to get a good deep cleaning in -- with masks of course. We stayed on opposite floors from her.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We had ours come back starting a couple weeks ago and I almost cried with happiness. They've been coming while we're at the pool and DH is working in his home office with the doors closed.

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    ...and it feels so good, I can't believe it.

I just keep going from room to room and taking it all in.

We're in, what was one of the most hardest areas hit in the country, and now we are at very low transmission rates...so figured now was the time to get a good deep cleaning in -- with masks of course. We stayed on opposite floors from her.
    We are in same area and we had them back a few weeks ago and man, it was one of the best days! DH and I did the cleaning while they weren't coming and it was awful. It would take most of the day to do the whole house! And our house isn't that big! I will never take a clean house for granted again.

AHHH what a good feeling! We are going out of town in a few weeks to a cabin in the woods and I have considered asking our cleaning person to come while we are gone so we aren't here. She hasn't cleaned since March and I miss having a clean house all at once.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    AHHH what a good feeling! We are going out of town in a few weeks to a cabin in the woods and I have considered asking our cleaning person to come while we are gone so we aren't here. She hasn't cleaned since March and I miss having a clean house all at once.
    We haven't had our housekeeper since the first week of March and that's a good idea to have her come if we end up traveling. We're thinking of going to the mountains in August, otherwise there's pretty much never a time when we're all out of the house (DH is working from home daily and everything is still shut down here for the most part). I don't think I'd feel comfortable with her cleaning when we're all here since our house is not that big and she has a huge extended family that she is not distancing from (just posted a pic on FB of all 22 of them camping together)!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Sounds heavenly. It is bizarre how there is always someone at the house now. We all went to my parents for a BBQ dinner this weekend. Finally had all of us out of the house at the same time long enough to set off bug bombs in the attic for all the silver fish we've had over the past two months.

So not as exciting as an entirely clean house. I was abusing my kid labor, but we've moved on to DIY home improvement projects and with the drywall dust it is futile.