Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It depends. I went in for a iron infusion and a COVID test was required (72 hrs before the infusion). I went to a GYN appt and no test needed. DH is having surgery and he is getting 2 COVID tests (one a week before and one the day of) and I need to also get one to go in with him.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    When my dad had to get a covid test prior to a medical procedure, he was told he needed to quarantine after taking the test until the morning of his procedure. He followed the rules, but I’m sure not all do.
    Wow! I had a covid test for a surgery I had on 6/9 and I drove up and had my test and wasn’t given any sort of directions as to self quarantine or anything. I go to Kaiser. They are super pro public health so if it was a requirement they would’ve made it a requirement. I went to the grocery store after I had my test and then went home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Wow! I had a covid test for a surgery I had on 6/9 and I drove up and had my test and wasn’t given any sort of directions as to self quarantine or anything. I go to Kaiser. They are super pro public health so if it was a requirement they would’ve made it a requirement. I went to the grocery store after I had my test and then went home.

My dad is in Illinois, so not sure how their rules are compared to our here? My mom had to drop him off and wait in the car. The surgeon called her when the surgery was done. He was allowed no visitors during his stay, and my mom picked him up when he was released two days later.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just a quickie update - My mom went for her Covid test and was told 10-12 days or more for the results(!) due to backlog. No instructions to quarantine in the meantime. (although she'd still swear that she's staying home!) No wonder FL is adding so many positives daily.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    My dad is in Illinois, so not sure how their rules are compared to our here? My mom had to drop him off and wait in the car. The surgeon called her when the surgery was done. He was allowed no visitors during his stay, and my mom picked him up when he was released two days later.
    Surgery at the local hospitals here allows for one support person in to visit. Our county is still well below any of the crazy numbers seen in other states, this is central IL. All surgeries that have happened around here require a covid test preop. Our nursing home test results are back in less than 48 hrs. The drive in test site (no symptoms needed) is giving results in 48 hrs, it's self admin test, for anyone old enough to self test/they even offer a shuttle out to the site for those that don't have a car. I'm really impressed with how our county is handling all of this!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Does your health care provider ask for COVID19 test before a visit?

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    We have had several medical/dental appointments and none required testing. (None were pulmonary though).
    But if you think about this in the strictest sense, it's pointless. Patient gets test, gets results (best case) 3, days later. Then can go to appointment. But there's no telling that they may have been exposed AFTER being tested but BEFORE getting the results.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    This is exactly why colleges are rolling back their plans to do pre arrival testing of their students. If you are a campus of 20K and you test them a week prior to their arrival all you know if they weren’t positive the day of the test. You have all of the behaviors leading up to and the day of move in. It’s such a huge expense and so a lot of colleges are now removing that from their reopen plans. The CDC is even saying not to bother (for what the CDCs guidance is worth these days).

Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Just a quickie update - My mom went for her Covid test and was told 10-12 days or more for the results(!) due to backlog. No instructions to quarantine in the meantime. (although she'd still swear that she's staying home!) No wonder FL is adding so many positives daily.
    . I know 3 people ( personally) who got covid tests here in Florida they had their tests back in 72 hrs
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I was tested in mid-June prior to a biopsy. Wasn’t tested prior to the the doctor’s appointment not mammogram/ultrasound. Testing done at hospital’s drive-thru testing site. Test done 44 hours prior to procedure, with results back in less than 24 hours. I work for that hospital system and know they are fast-tracking pre-surgical testing.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2