Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I go to the salon. Small less then 10 total people in the shop she’s cut and colored my hair and my 11 yr old Boys are scheduled again next week before she goes on maternity leave. She only takes appointments of her current clients right now The stylists alternate days so they all aren’t in shop at the same time Even before covid the shop was clean and they sanitized
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My husband has gotten two. I usually only get one every 6-12 months so I can deal and will just trim myself if I get desperate as I have many times in the past. But he keeps his really short. He signs up online so it only takes about 20 minutes from beginning to end and they wear masks. But, again, my husband is essential and has been working every day since the beginning.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Nope. I trust the practices mine has in place but my hair looks fine so I’m in no rush. We go to a stylist who owns the salon. She has 2 employees now. Not a very big operation at all. Ds1 went for a haircut with her on graduation day and I sent him with double the amount to make up for the fact that I’m not scheduling anytime soon.
    I got lucky because sometimes I can’t wait for my next appointment because my hair looks funky. It grew out really well. Plus, I don’t do anything so I can’t balance the risk/ reward to be in favor of going in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

My hair hasn’t been cut since last year! Lol...

I’m still not comfortable with getting a cut. It’s inside and close proximity with another person. I know a few stylists and I’ve been thinking of asking one to cut my hair outside at one of our houses.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I started trimming my own bangs early on in the lock down, and then when my hair started getting too long, I chopped it off a few weeks ago. I didn't do a great job, and now I am a little desperate for a real hair cut, but can't justify the risk/reward. I texted my stylist to see if she was still doing house calls/outside cuts and she is only doing in-studio cuts. So now I am on the hunt for someone who will come to my house.

I have been cutting the kids hair, but we have Wahl trimmers from way back and they are easy! DH shaves his head
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Got my hair colored at the salon a few weeks ago. They took adequate precautions and my area's COVID rates are low.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    Got my hair colored at the salon a few weeks ago. They took adequate precautions and my area's COVID rates are low.
    This is me too. It’s a small salon and she took extra precautions.

My nephews wife is a barber/hair stylist. She comes over ever 3 weeks and cuts my boys and Dh hair outside in our driveway.

Someone here mentioned this story which I think is comforting: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...ace-masks.html
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Yes. They wear masks, we wear masks. They spread out their appointments more. I feel completely comfortable with this. Personally, haircuts are a need around here, not a want...and making sure my hairstylist stays in business is important to me too.

This, in the last two weeks, I’ve gotten my hair cut and separately taken both kids. Both places have everyone wear masks and a temperature check to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    This is me too. It’s a small salon and she took extra precautions.

My nephews wife is a barber/hair stylist. She comes over ever 3 weeks and cuts my boys and Dh hair outside in our driveway.

Someone here mentioned this story which I think is comforting: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...ace-masks.html
    Rational or not, the situation in the above article is giving me some comfort about getting haircuts. One of my boys got a trim last week, DS1 goes this Friday. And I am scheduled for one in 2 weeks. We all take the first appointment of the day (8:00), the stylist wears a mask and so do we. Before quarantine, I was a once-a-month color and highlight girl. I haven't had it done professionally since early February. I've been using Madison Reed and I'm pretty happy with it right now but I think a trim will make me feel so much better.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes. DD1 went the first week we openEd, middle of May. Then back again last month for a bang trim. I went then also for a cut and then color then the following week. DD2 is going today for some color streaks in her hair as a birthday gift. DS and DH got their hair cut outside by us with clippers in May.
    We go to a lady in town who does hair out of her home. First time she wore a mask, hasn’t since. We are comfortable with her not wearing one and we don’t either.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast