Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    I believe they are opening on a hybrid schedule, that is what most of the dc private’s are doing, and what was hoped for the public schools here.

Even some private schools do not have enough space to meet cdc guidelines to open for 5 day a week school. But as of now, most are planning to offer at least hybrid.
    How far our media has fallen. NYTimes and others are running with the Barron’s school not reopening, and then four or five paragraphs in, noting it is opening on a hybrid basis. Not par from the course with MSNBC, but the nytimes continues to disappoint.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    That seems like as good as you can truly expect now, imo. Our school was going to do 5 days in, 2 weeks out (1/3 of students at a time) and I was happy with that plan. But now they pushed that back until end of October. So, I think we all just need to be flexible and roll with it.
    DS1's private high school was also planning on doing a hybrid that was 1 week in person, 1 week remote. So 1/2 the students at a time: 7-9th grade one week in person, then 10-12th grade in person the next week. I was also very happy with that plan. They don't start till September so they're still hoping thing may change for the better by then.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    How far our media has fallen. NYTimes and others are running with the Barron’s school not reopening, and then four or five paragraphs in, noting it is opening on a hybrid basis. Not par from the course with MSNBC, but the nytimes continues to disappoint.
    I really don't think the NYT's article is misleading. The title is "As Trump Calls for Schools to Fully Reopen, His Son’s School Says It Will Not." Trump has said all this time that school's need to fully reopen, as in 5 days a week in person learning. That's what "fully" reopen means. And Barron's school has zero intention of "fully" reopening. The article specifically states in the line right under the title that "St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, the private school in the Maryland suburbs attended by Barron Trump, said it was considering either a hybrid part-time plan or going back to entirely online classes." And then the first sentence of the article is "The school attended by President Trump’s son will not fully reopen in September out of concern over the coronavirus pandemic despite the president’s insistence that students across the country be brought back to classrooms in the fall." The keyword in all of this is "fully," which to me means going back to our normal pre-Covid school schedule. They have not made a decision to go hybrid yet at all, they are still considering what is best and will decide by early August depending on public health conditions. I see nothing misleading in the article.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/u...ronavirus.html
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I really don't think the NYT's article is misleading. The title is "As Trump Calls for Schools to Fully Reopen, His Son’s School Says It Will Not." Trump has said all this time that school's need to fully reopen, as in 5 days a week in person learning. That's what "fully" reopen means. And Barron's school has zero intention of "fully" reopening. The article specifically states in the line right under the title that "St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, the private school in the Maryland suburbs attended by Barron Trump, said it was considering either a hybrid part-time plan or going back to entirely online classes." And then the first sentence of the article is "The school attended by President Trump’s son will not fully reopen in September out of concern over the coronavirus pandemic despite the president’s insistence that students across the country be brought back to classrooms in the fall." The keyword in all of this is "fully," which to me means going back to our normal pre-Covid school schedule. They have not made a decision to go hybrid yet at all, they are still considering what is best and will decide by early August depending on public health conditions. I see nothing misleading in the article.
    We’’ll have to agree to disagree, I think a lot of people reasonably are concluding, based on the media coverage, that Saint Andrew’s is not opening at all, I.e. going with full remote, just as pzMommy did.

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Not everyone needs childcare that may chose in person for a variety of reasons though. We are choosing in person because my 7 yo needs the services he gets, if possible. I don't expect them to go in August and September is probably iffy too but if numbers are better by Oct. then he will do much better with in person. I only work PRN so I can easily just not work. Likewise I know people who will have to work in person if schools are in session in person but if schools called off their jobs will be more flexible.
    I think I phrased that incorrectly as I didn't mean to imply that only those with childcare needs would be wanting a hybrid model, or in-person instruction of any type. It was only a comment on one of the possibly complications of the 1 week in and 2 week out hybrid model our district is considering. We are contemplating sending DD full time because of her learning disability so I completely understand that line of thinking.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    But it’s not crystal clear and forthright, is it? This is what I hate about the media these days. They take the truth and twist it enough to be misleading but not enough to make it an outright lie. I used to think of the NYTimes as one of the least biased newspapers. With everything reportedly going on over there, I shouldn’t be surprised to see them use the same tactics as all the others.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50