Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Why do dogs have to eat weird things? Ours has tried to eat wood mulch, tire mulch, a crispy dried up frog, several crispy dried up snakes, stones, bits of tree branch on the ground, etc. And right after we got her she got into the trash can in the girls bathroom and tore up a used panty liner and ate some of that (she pooped it out a few days later).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dog LOVES used pantyliners! It's so gross.

Our vet has always helped us when I've had to call or the receptionist tells me what to watch for.

My OB always referred me to the pregnancy risk line regarding meds etc, but they didn't charge an upfront fee. She also was very helpful, but there are times when it makes sense to go to the experts who have access to giant data bases of info.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Question about online vet hotlines and microchips. The rescue implanted a microchip from Avid and we have it registered to our contact info now. I see that AKC has a program (AKC Reunite) that you can register any microchip to this program for one time fee of $19.95 and if you buy the premium membership you can also have access to a pet poison control hotline (but I can't find out how much the premium membership is!). Just wondering if something like that is worth it if it is less than the $75 the ASCPA hotline charges per call. Avid also has a network you can register your microchip to for $19.95, but I'm not really seeing the reason to do that if my contact info is already connected to the microchip. Or are all of these things a scam?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2