Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks guys! I am double checking that they are needed in class. If we only need for homework we can use digital. I also found a bunch in amazon warehouse deals for $40 which is way better.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Good timing - I literally just bought DD’s for calc. At least here, the high end ones aren’t needed even in pre-calc. It also appears that the one the course manual says is approved (TI-Nspire CX) is no longer available. There’s a CXII but if it it’s new this year may be some good deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Do you have a Meijer? I'm not sure about last year, but before that, they had great deals in August with a sale, coupon for your next purchase and School Bucks. I paid $70ish for the TI-84 CE.
    Kris

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

SO is the TI-84 Plus the standard that most schools want the kids to use? I cannot remember what model they school principal told parents we should be looking for. He just mentioned it at an awards assembly last year and said it was recommended for higher level math kids coming into 8th grade this year.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Do you have a Meijer? I'm not sure about last year, but before that, they had great deals in August with a sale, coupon for your next purchase and School Bucks. I paid $70ish for the TI-84 CE.
    Yup, that is when we got ours too. It was a very good deal, I cannot remember all of the details, but we did get like a $30 or so coupon back for our next purchase, plus it was on sale. I could not find a better deal than that in our area.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Good timing - I literally just bought DD’s for calc. At least here, the high end ones aren’t needed even in pre-calc. It also appears that the one the course manual says is approved (TI-Nspire CX) is no longer available. There’s a CXII but if it it’s new this year may be some good deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are supposed to get TI Nspire, but no letters. I can't find it anywhere.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are supposed to get TI Nspire, but no letters. I can't find it anywhere.
    From the research I've done - the CX and CXII are nearly identical. The latter has a faster processor and ability to do a couple more little things. The CAS is fully programmable and therefore not allowed on the ACT (and maybe SAT - I didn't check). Oddly - Calc BC requires the CAS here although DD will take Stats instead.

I'm guessing they mean *any* of the Nspire series - but may want to wait til first day of school to confirm. I was surprised how many places have them in stock (Target/WalMart/OfficeMax etc - at least around here)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    From the research I've done - the CX and CXII are nearly identical. The latter has a faster processor and ability to do a couple more little things. The CAS is fully programmable and therefore not allowed on the ACT (and maybe SAT - I didn't check). Oddly - Calc BC requires the CAS here although DD will take Stats instead.

I'm guessing they mean *any* of the Nspire series - but may want to wait til first day of school to confirm. I was surprised how many places have them in stock (Target/WalMart/OfficeMax etc - at least around here)
    Here too. Should I just order or wait for a deal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2