Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Why not try lacrosse? Many kids around here start in 6th-8th, and it's many ex hockey kids. AYSO and local soccer leagues will be playing this fall. They take 8th graders and up. Finally, AYSO has VIP Buddies. Around here, 8th to high school kids participate.

Seems like hockey is a no go for now. He may go back to it but I wouldn't push it now. Keep him active. Gyms are open here, can he goto the gym?

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just wanted to touch base and let you know that we're still thinking of you and your DS!

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just read through all the posts.... Try to remember that the entire world is in CRISIS right now. Your son is doing the best he can, as we all are. I'm actually really surprised that hockey is an option at the moment.

Talk to your son and see what he is really thinking and feeling. It sounds like the team he was on was horrible to him, that can devastate his self-esteem. First thing is to build that back up again, which is not easy during a pandemic. A break from hockey wouldn't be a terrible thing right now and then he can revisit when the world resumes.

Try to go easy on him and on yourself. There is no NORMAL right now. It is okay.

To get him out and active, try other activities: Biking, running... whatever works for your family.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

SAMHIL, how is your son doing now? Whenever I see the heading for this post I think of you. In our area most sports have restarted (on a limited basis).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3