Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SAHMIL is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default COVID has destroyed my son !

My son is 13 years old now. I didn’t get to finish but the one thing was was that in all honesty looking back yes on this one particular team this group of kids was awful. He is now moving up to a different level. In this level the kids are a little bit more chill because now they are highschoolers and he’s away from six graders and fifth graders. He would be with mostly other eighth graders some seventh graders and ninth graders. The whole thing is is that he quit all sports all other activities and just focus on Hockey. when he was like what 9-10years old.

He is not interested in any other sports. All he wants to do is do things with my husband who’s straight out has said that’s fine but he is “ not his playmate “ and also he has to work . My son tried to help my husband on a few jobs building decks but it didn’t work .

Anyway , after the goalie incident. Things started to go downhill . My son would say things like I don’t feel the team respect me. So I said to him why do you say that? And he would say well they don’t pass to me and I said well then you do things to show that you are the person to pass to you go out there and you show them. You know respect is earned on the ice and not automatically given. So as it turned out there were a few kids were mean to him but the thing I have told him as I said you need to have some good come back lines for these things. But he was afraid that they would take it and turn it around especially when one of the kids who was in fifth grade and the coach’s son was on the team. One day a mom said to me “ what is it about your son ? The kids are so mean to him! And it bothers my son so much ! “ she told me stuff like that would not have happened with her son’s previous coach in the club.

We were at a tournament and a group messed up our hotel room . Again I asked the kids to come and clean it up . When In rhetorically asked why they would do such a thing I got “it’s because he destroyed our shinny game at the last tournament “ .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SAHMIL; 07-20-2020 at 12:17 PM.