I honestly thought that this social distancing mess was something that wouldn’t take this long . I honestly thought it would be just like normal except we would wear a mask. I didn’t mind working from home as a teacher nor that my son , an only child , was home with me . I was loving the time and the slower pace and everything. But now . I feel like a big idiot . The weather sucked a lot of the time so when he wasn’t doing homework we would let him play Xbox. What I would give right now for life to be normal for me would mean the world and I would throw that Xbox out. Because right now I’m having the hardest time looking at pictures my friends post of their kids going to baseball or soccer or even to hockey rinks right now. Why ? Because my son who quit baseball, soccer , and Cub Scouts to focus on hockey has decided he no longer wants to play .

Why ? Well first he wants to focus on playing airsoft guns , which he can’t do right now on the first place and that is something that is like playing laser tag where you go and play with friends . And he wants to focus on eSports . He says there is no point to playing hockey . There is nothing to work for . It is stupid and boring and no longer fun .

He had a hard season where he had a team where some kids were mean to him even though his team made it to the championship . I really feel like this pandemic caused him to do nothing but dwell on it and took away any motivation . And I really feel he has anxiety too as a result .

I’ve got him in counseling . And It sucks because here are some great summer days and my kid is staying inside looking at his phone or on Xbox .

And I am trying to reach out to parents of kids he says he wants to hang out with . And they are all busy .

#momfail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk