Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I have pretty hard water and prefer to use a Clorox white tablet (won’t change color of toilet water, and use one about every 2 months) and then follow up either Clorox or Lysol w/bleach every week or so. I have tried multiple times using 7th Generation, Greenworks, or Method toilet cleaner with either no tablet or a tablet and I end up with a faint hard water stain line when I don’t use a cleaner with bleach. We have a toilet brush similar to Oxo’s but it is just the Target brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with the tablet. Once ours gets stained due to hard water, that's the quickest, easiest way to get rid of it.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Help! Ugh. So I got the Lysol bottles from Costco. They work GREAT and the smell doesn't bother me (spearmint-y). However, I cannot figure out the stupid caps I could not get the first bottle to open. I squeezed the cap like it said and turned - nothing! The second bottle I was actually able to open but after I use it, I twist to close the cap and stand the bottle upright and the blue stuff leaks out from the cap and drips down all over the bottle. I am so frustrated!!! Someone please help me figure out the cap!! I spent more time cleaning the stupid Lysol bottle than the actual toilet!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Help! Ugh. So I got the Lysol bottles from Costco. They work GREAT and the smell doesn't bother me (spearmint-y). However, I cannot figure out the stupid caps I could not get the first bottle to open. I squeezed the cap like it said and turned - nothing! The second bottle I was actually able to open but after I use it, I twist to close the cap and stand the bottle upright and the blue stuff leaks out from the cap and drips down all over the bottle. I am so frustrated!!! Someone please help me figure out the cap!! I spent more time cleaning the stupid Lysol bottle than the actual toilet!
    I'm having a little chuckle here but I'm sorry you're struggling! If I remember right (I have some of that cleaner around) you just twist the cap and squeeze the bottle righ where the lid joins at the bottle. YOu only barely twist the lid though.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Big fan of the Lysol Power (Costco and others carry it) - but some depends on your water. You can also use a pumice to get rid of the hard water marks and then maintain.

The caps are fussy - we've used it forever and sometimes I still have problems. As a PP said, you have to pinch and then easily twist - but I find better luck if I use my other hand to 'anchor' it on the counter rather than do while I'm holding it.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I'm having a little chuckle here but I'm sorry you're struggling! If I remember right (I have some of that cleaner around) you just twist the cap and squeeze the bottle righ where the lid joins at the bottle. YOu only barely twist the lid though.
    Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Big fan of the Lysol Power (Costco and others carry it) - but some depends on your water. You can also use a pumice to get rid of the hard water marks and then maintain.

The caps are fussy - we've used it forever and sometimes I still have problems. As a PP said, you have to pinch and then easily twist - but I find better luck if I use my other hand to 'anchor' it on the counter rather than do while I'm holding it.
    I had to get a second bottle out because I could never get the first one open! For the second bottle, I read the instructions which say to place on a flat surface and don't squeeze the bottle - that cap came open more easily. But I still had problems with the blue gel oozing out from underneath the cap even after being twisted closed - REALLY annoying and a waste of product! Am I missing a trick? Maybe I should keep the cap OPEN and let everything drain down away from the cap and THEN close it? OMG I cannot believe how frustrating the whole process was!! And SnuggleBuggles, I admit at one point I did start laughing at the ridiculousness of it all! The good news: the blue gel worked GREAT and removed all the water stains and mineral buildup and I didn't even really have to scrub - I did a test wipe with a paper towel and it just all came off! So easy. Well, except for the d@mn cap...

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I had to get a second bottle out because I could never get the first one open! For the second bottle, I read the instructions which say to place on a flat surface and don't squeeze the bottle - that cap came open more easily. But I still had problems with the blue gel oozing out from underneath the cap even after being twisted closed - REALLY annoying and a waste of product! Am I missing a trick? Maybe I should keep the cap OPEN and let everything drain down away from the cap and THEN close it? OMG I cannot believe how frustrating the whole process was!! And SnuggleBuggles, I admit at one point I did start laughing at the ridiculousness of it all! The good news: the blue gel worked GREAT and removed all the water stains and mineral buildup and I didn't even really have to scrub - I did a test wipe with a paper towel and it just all came off! So easy. Well, except for the d@mn cap...
    Did you get it at Costco? I think they get "seconds" or something because I often get bad bottles there. I had an entire box once of faulty bottles. Usually they are fine, though.

Still, it may not be you--it may be the bottle.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Did you get it at Costco? I think they get "seconds" or something because I often get bad bottles there. I had an entire box once of faulty bottles. Usually they are fine, though.

Still, it may not be you--it may be the bottle.
    YES, I got the box from Costco! Grrrrr....

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The stuff sounds amazing but the cap sounds like more hassle than it is worth! FWIW, I use good old Comet and a scrub brush. It has taken care of worse toilets than I'm sure anyone here on BBB has ever had to deal with before (I'm a perennial renter of cheap apartments and some people are just gross!)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What color is your hard water stain? At home, we have typical hard water. Like others, I put a Clorox bleach tablet in the tank of each toilet. I have scrubbing bubble wands attached to the back of each toilet and a supply of flushable pads and heavy duty pads in each bathroom. My kids actually 'fight' over who gets to clean the toilet when we divvy up chores [Trust me.... I don't understand....].

At a vacation home, our well water has high iron deposits which leave the bowl orange. We use Iron Out to deal with stains.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I finally stopped buying the toilet cleaner at costco because of the caps. Same stuff, different store= no problem. Super frustrating. And gross. And I still have that costco supply to use up but don't want to ruin cabinet interiors or stain grout with this stuff if whoever is cleaning doesn't notice it. Pass. It's not you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast