Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Somebody make me quit buying Fridgidaire!

We have had nothing but poor experiences with Fridgidaire (I'm sure I've written BPs about them before) but I continue to have brain fog when appliance shopping and keep purchasing them because they are a lower price point. I've got to learn my lesson! Such terrible quality and continual issues every time. I have had THREE shelves break on my current fridge in the last 12 months. THREE since it was purchased last July. I sent them an email three weeks ago and got no reply, now I am on hold for 15 minutes and counting. SO frustrating.

Stay away from Fridgidaire.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Have you been steered wrong by reviews or do you buy without reading reviews? My friend just asked me for a recommendation on a fridge and I told her I wasn’t brand loyal. I have spent way too long researching appliances! I loathe appliance shopping. Good luck finding something better!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

So they are telling me I have to purchase replacement shelves myself for a one year old fridge. THREE shelves that I have had break in 12 months time. I'm so furious and why in the world would I want to purchase something of such inferior quality.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Have you been steered wrong by reviews or do you buy without reading reviews? My friend just asked me for a recommendation on a fridge and I told her I wasn’t brand loyal. I have spent way too long researching appliances! I loathe appliance shopping. Good luck finding something better!

We did check reviews on Lowes.com but I am starting to question their honesty as well. There were certainly not any red flags from the reviews. In addition, we have a rather specific built-in hole for our fridge so that limited our options dramatically as to what would fit.

We also have a dishwasher (love the dishwasher, Bosch) that was installed by Lowes less than 6 months ago and yesterday a screw popped out and now it is loose and not sitting right. Why is everything so crappy these days?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Lowes actually frequently sells lower end versions of those products. Try local appliance stores and then read reviews from way too many stores.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Well, if it makes you feel more validated, we always got frigidaire products because a family member worked in corporate. Their appliances are CRAP, especially their fridges and dishwashers! We have had issues with both. When that family member left that job, we were open to other brands, we wanted bosch when our DW (moved into an house with an old GE) broke. We got a maytag. I have never owned anything maytag ever in my life. So far it has been good, with our frigidaires it was always nonstop stupid issues when the items were still under a year old.

I think that for appliances you have to get your hands on them. Like open it up, try it out. Bosch had stupidly placed rack tines, I was like WTF is this? And yes, that is why I didn't get bosch, I knew that the way the racks were set up would not work for me. Everyone has different priorities, for us noise (so we want stainless steel interior for sound insulation), racks that make sense and NO flat panel buttons built that disappear when the dishwasher is closed were our biggies. We will probably need to buy a new fridge soon (microwave and DW both died within two months of each other, the kitchen probably got appliances at the same time that it was remodeled by the previous owner, so I fully expect these items to start failing around the same time), and I am getting my hands on all of the units that we narrow it down to, and if there is something that bugs me, even if it seems stupid, I'm not getting it.
    Last edited by hellokitty; 07-24-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree with hellokitty in that you really have to try out appliances first. I know our local appliance store probably still talks about us, because we brought several examples of our dishes and glasses to put in the dishwashers, and empty bottles, egg cartons and milk cartons to try in the fridge. They laughed, but said it was smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I agree with hellokitty in that you really have to try out appliances first. I know our local appliance store probably still talks about us, because we brought several examples of our dishes and glasses to put in the dishwashers, and empty bottles, egg cartons and milk cartons to try in the fridge. They laughed, but said it was smart.
    That is smart! I mean, I certainly opened and closed the fridge and took some of the shelves in and out, etc. but I guess I should have filled it with condiments and really put it to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I am pretty sure we took one of our plates to try in dishwashers before we bought one. We definitely took our car seat and stroller when we test drive vehicles last time! Ruled one out immediately because stroller wouldn’t fit in trunk with third row up. And choosing between the two vans we narrowed it down to was made way easier after I installed a car seat in several different seating positions to see how things fit. (Not because we weren’t willing to buy new car seats if needed, but because it made the differences in how adjustable the spacing between the rows was much more obvious) I guess that is kind of the same idea?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast