Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We bought a Frigidaire fridge last august. In March, about a week after we did a HUGE grocery run and insulin run in anticipation of a possible outbreak of COVID-19 (this was March 1), I heard this weird, faint beeping noise. After about 10 minutes, I realized the fridge and everything in it was at 60 degrees. We salvaged what we could, packed coolers, called service, and it suddenly started working again 12 hours later. Service came and decided the tower needed to be replaced. They ordered the part, and came back a week later to fix the fridge. The next day, it happened again. In the meantime, we purchased a fridge thermometer with an alarm so that we would know if the fridge went out of range, which is good because it went out at 2:00 AM. This time they came back out and decided the motherboards needed to be replaced. Another visit (we're on 4 now if you're keeping track) to actually replace them after ordered them. The temperature problems seemed better for a week or so, but then we noticed that the freezer drawer slides were covered with ice, and there was a sheet of ice in the bottom of the freezer and no ice in the ice maker. Called service again, and a different service guy came out to "fix" it. He didn't and later in the day we had a sheet of ice in the bottom of the freezer again. I called frigidaire to have someone else come out, and they said I had to call the guy who didn't fix it to come back out. He, of course, never answered my calls because he had already been paid. Why should he come back out? In the meantime, Frigidaire denied my request for a replacement, the temperature problems started back up, and another tech came out to fix the ice maker. (Visit #6, during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC TO MY HIGH RISK HOME). After another phone call, they decided to replace the compressor (visit #7). It's still randomly heating up, although not for 12 hours at a time. It's also now freezing my food. It was only freezing the food at the back and top shelf, but now it's freezing everything.

They have finally approved my warranty replacement after 7 service visits since March, but that has been a whole additional nightmare. Apparently they approved the warranty replacement on July 1, but no one bothered to contact me to let me know. I called them on July 10 and found out it had been approved and sent to the wrong Lowes. I won't even tell you how many times they asked me for the address of the lowes I purchased the fridge from, but it was many, many times. And yet, they managed to screw that up. The RTM clerk at Lowes dodged my calls all day Friday and Saturday when the Bosch replacement I wanted was on sale, so that I would be charged more on Monday when she finally answered the phone. Of course, they deny this. However, I am loud, and I am mad. And I am getting a Bosch for the July 4th sale price in exchange for my piece of crap Frigidaire.

I will never buy a Frigidaire again, and I will never buy from Lowes again. The only reason we did was because our Samsung (also stay away from Samsung!!!!) abruptly quit last August, and this Frigidaire was the only fridge in stock in the entire area that could be delivered the next day.

This is the new one we're getting. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-800-2...efr/1001330226

This is the nightmare. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frigidaire-...ontent=Default

And if you have a Frigidaire, go ahead and buy one of these now....https://www.thermoworks.com/RT8100

Melaine, I wish we lived. I would arrange to just give you my shelves when they come to get this fridge next month. We haven't had a problem with shelves.....yet.

I have a door shelf for you if you want it. DH's insulin was in it, and I just grabbed the whole shelf when they brought the new Bosch and forgot to put the insulin bin back in the old fridge. It doesn't fit in the Bosch, so it's going in the trash if you don't want it.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I have a door shelf for you if you want it. DH's insulin was in it, and I just grabbed the whole shelf when they brought the new Bosch and forgot to put the insulin bin back in the old fridge. It doesn't fit in the Bosch, so it's going in the trash if you don't want it.
    Thank you so much for this offer! It is so kind of you. They FINALLY responded to my PMs on facebook yesterday and said they are shipping the parts. They actually had been stringing me along, responding, then not responding to my responses for weeks. I finally started posting on their social media photos very pointed comments and that seemed to get them moving. I'm sick of companies who have terrible CS blaming COVID for their lack of basic customer service, even if they were completely awful before 2020 anyway. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Thank you so much for this offer! It is so kind of you. They FINALLY responded to my PMs on facebook yesterday and said they are shipping the parts. They actually had been stringing me along, responding, then not responding to my responses for weeks. I finally started posting on their social media photos very pointed comments and that seemed to get them moving. I'm sick of companies who have terrible CS blaming COVID for their lack of basic customer service, even if they were completely awful before 2020 anyway. Pathetic.
    I'm going to PM you the name of the customer service rep who finally seemed to give a cr@p. Her name is Chrysta, and she is the only person at Frigidaire who ever helped me. She even followed up with me.

I am happy to report that our Bosch is BEAUTIFUL, doesn't freeze food at the back or top of the fridge, has a wonderful layout, produces perfect ice IN THE BIN, has remained at a constant temp, and has the most amazing freezer layout I've ever seen. So far, I would highly recommend a Bosch if your Frigidaire dies. I would also recommend buying an extended warranty on your Frigidaire, which I NEVER do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2