Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Oh the I misunderstood you I wouldn’t be happy at all with that style of teaching with another platform like khan style, cuz then what is the point of going to school? For my kids district, families who are choosing the in person hybrid style will get instruction from their home room teachers. Exactly like pre convid style, but will have notable differences with masks and social distancing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It provides parents with free child care so the economy can open. That is really the only reason schools are opening. What most parents don’t realize, is even if their kid goes to school in person, it will not be normal school. Most work will all be done online, so when (not if) someone gets Covid and the whole class/school have to be quarantined at home for 14 days, they can do it easily.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    It provides parents with free child care so the economy can open. That is really the only reason schools are opening. What most parents don’t realize, is even if their kid goes to school in person, it will not be normal school. Most work will all be done online, so when (not if) someone gets Covid and the whole class/school have to be quarantined at home for 14 days, they can do it easily.
    Exactly what my principal said. The school couldn't do hybrid because it leaves too many parents without childcare. Which I know is a worry for a lot of people.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    BUT the clincher— masks are required in the lunchroom at all times!! I asked how kids are supposed to eat with a mask on and she said “That’s one of the details we are still working through, but students will need to keep their masks on at all times.” Seriously??
    Well, I can help with the lunch issue..... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D9J2C9T Smoothies for lunch. Will go perfectly with the diapers I told dd2 all kids were going to get so they dont have to go to the bathroom except at their assigned times!

sorry couldnt help it I have to laugh ... or cry.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Well, that, and the fact that there is no comparison between in person and online instruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    Well, that, and the fact that there is no comparison between in person and online instruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But the instruction is going to be pretty similar. Teaching using only online platforms and staying far away from students.

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Exactly what my principal said. The school couldn't do hybrid because it leaves too many parents without childcare. Which I know is a worry for a lot of people.
    That is rather unfortunate, and such a tough situation for you. Now this new development in news from the Republicans saying they’ll withhold school fundings if they don’t open! Now it’ll just force many districts to open in a unsafe manner, to just essentially get funding. So please vote this November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Well, I can help with the lunch issue..... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D9J2C9T Smoothies for lunch. Will go perfectly with the diapers I told dd2 all kids were going to get so they dont have to go to the bathroom except at their assigned times!

sorry couldnt help it I have to laugh ... or cry.
    My DS would freak out if I told him that! Ha ha!! He also refuses to drink smoothies but those masks designs are pretty cool.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Bummer! I'm on the lookout for ADHD supports for distance learning. I've been getting a bunch of articles from ADDitude magazine but of course I have yet to read them...
    What I'm finding helpful is considering the supports my DD had in school (she's going into 5th grade & has ADHD-combined) plus the ones I outlined in the Big Long Email I sent to her case-manager for her 504 plus the areas of development I noticed during distance learning in the spring ... and writing a LONG DETAILED AND VERY FIRM (yes, I'm using all caps for a reason) letter/email attachment to develop something for September.

I have also refused to communicate about it over the phone, because I don't think my concerns manage to make it into the plans if we talk about them.

I'd be happy to share by email.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Did they say that all the teaching would be done via online platform or that the work would be done via online platform? Even before COVID-19, the school my kids go to embraced using technology to do work. My kids do homework on Khan Academy, they took tests using Google Forms... The teachers still taught, but the work was done online. That's what they are going to be doing now for our school's hybrid learning and remote learning. There's still a teacher teaching, but the work will all be on Khan and Google classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayzy View Post
    Did they say that all the teaching would be done via online platform or that the work would be done via online platform? Even before COVID-19, the school my kids go to embraced using technology to do work. My kids do homework on Khan Academy, they took tests using Google Forms... The teachers still taught, but the work was done online. That's what they are going to be doing now for our school's hybrid learning and remote learning. There's still a teacher teaching, but the work will all be on Khan and Google classroom.
    For core subjects, all teaching and practice work will be done using online platforms. This is to keep 'equality' between the students doing online and in person. My district is also giving online kids the options of integrating back into the classroom after Christmas break if they want to. So both learning platforms have to be similar enough for that to happen. Not exactly what role teachers will be playing for the in-person option-- babysitter?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast