This is partly a vent and partly a sigh of relief.

DS’s school won’t announce final decisions on what school will look like until August 17, which is 2 weeks before school starts. Because the state/department of education won’t tell them which of 4 possible reopening plans they are supposed to use until then.

But it now sounds like the district will offer a distance option even if they are open. So we have decided to keep him home this year. If the distance learning option doesn’t pan out we will home school. (Not too worried because he is only in first grade and is ahead on most things now, but will probably opt for a canned curriculum if that happens). DD will be going to daycare because we really don’t have a choice. We can’t afford a nanny, and I cannot work with her home.

Working from home with DS will be hard enough. My plan for now is to work from home 2-3 days a week, take him with me to my office (we can close the door and most people won’t even know he is there) 1-2 days a week. But my sigh of relief is that one of our favorite daycare teachers/babysitters has agreed to come watch him at our house once a week so I can have a day at the office alone. And, at least mentally, that makes all the difference in the world to me. I am now feeling like we can make it through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk