Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, I’m pretty sure no one is putting this in an email, but I’m assuming a dead kid will shut it down. I’m less convinced a dead teacher will.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    Well, I’m pretty sure no one is putting this in an email, but I’m assuming a dead kid will shut it down. I’m less convinced a dead teacher will.
    I’m not sure that will even be enough in some states unless it is multiple kids. On my teacher page, teachers are posting their state’s plans and some are horrifying. So far Utah wins for being the worst. Kids and teachers exposed to covid are still allowed to attend school.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...nts-can-still/

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I’m not sure that will even be enough in some states unless it is multiple kids. On my teacher page, teachers are posting their state’s plans and some are horrifying. So far Utah wins for being the worst. Kids and teachers exposed to covid are still allowed to attend school.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...nts-can-still/
    I'm utterly speechless.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

What is statistically more likely death by COVID or suicide/overdose?

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Can you say more about this?
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Covid. At least in my state, covid deaths passed annual average suicide deaths way back in May.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Specifically for teens. Didn’t the CDC director make comments related to more concern for suicide/overdose surpassing Covid deaths for this age group?

Found it transcript

https://www.buckinstitute.org/covid-...t-redfield-md/
    Last edited by marymoo86; 08-01-2020 at 12:07 AM.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Specifically for teens. Didn’t the CDC director make comments related to more concern for suicide/overdose surpassing Covid deaths for this age group?

Found it transcript

https://www.buckinstitute.org/covid-...t-redfield-md/
    Is THAT where that talking point came from? I’ve seen it crop up several places. There is no evidence to back that up, just a lot of speculation. Same with drug use in teens during Covid. I got a a huge risk factor for teen suicide, but to discuss it is considered “political”.

So maybe we can stick to known risks of Covid for now. How about a introduce something little more pertinent to the discussion?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ovid-outbreak/
    “ The analysis, released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, details an outbreak at a sleep-away camp in Georgia last month in which 260 children and staffers — more than three-quarters of the 344 tested — contracted the virus less than a week after spending time together in close quarters. The children had a median age of 12. The camp had required all 597 campers and staff members to provide documentation that they had tested negative for the virus before coming. Staff were required to wear masks, but children were not.”

The NYT also has a story isn’t more detail. Missing from this is one of the precaution the camp didn’t take I having kids wear masks, just staff. I linked to the WP article because their Covid coverage is free.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

In in Iowa too and the governor's decree scuttled our school district's plan to open fully online to start. Instead they will do a 50% online 50% in person hybrid model. The only good thing is she is allowing individual parents to choose to have their children go fully online, and our school district is giving that option. So that is we what our rising senior will do, at least for the first trimester. DS is fully onboard with that.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I'm utterly speechless.
    I’m not surprised at all. Considering how many governors didn’t want to shut down their state or require masks, they don’t see any risk in having schools fully reopen. Even the governor of Missouri said, kids will get sick, but that they will go home and be fine.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast