klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Family\Covid\Argh!

DH just told me that BIL's wife's parents and grandmother are all recovering from Covid. Great, right? Except, that SIL keeps posting pictures of her kids at both grandparents' homes. Like two days ago they were at her parents and this morning they were with FIL, riding horses. I was upset that they (BIL & SIL) put ILs in a situation where they've now been exposed. (Both are in their 70s.) And DH says, Kris, they've known about it the whole time. Which means they happily exposed DH because they've been calling him over to help out with things several times over the last week. Which means we're all exposed. So, now I'm pissed at everyone involved, including DH because I don't know how long he's known.....
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would be so mad. I'm so sorry. It isn't ok to be that blase about this virus. I am getting to the point where my circle of trust is very small. I am a religious person and find myself praying for more patience and a forgiving heart often these days! Also, all the irresponsible behavior from others makes me want to act extra responsible and careful personally which only then makes me even more angry when people try to skirt the rules!

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so very sorry. I've said from the beginning of all of this that I can't trust others to do the right thing to keep us (my immediate high-risk family)safe. It's a simple idea, but the people we love most are the worst offenders at not behaving. Our circle of trust has gotten to zero.

For us, the ones we'd want to see most are constantly exposing themselves to the highest risk. They are also the ones that are giving us the most pressure about, "Come over, we'll be outside, it will be fine." Because for months they've been having over groups of 20 or 8 people Friday and a different 14 people Saturday and a different 10 people Sunday with trips to the store in between to get food for the get together. Out of state houseguests staying in their house, many times. Um.... multiple people in each of those groups have tested positive with symptoms in the last 5 months, how on earth are you trying to convince me this is okay? No, I will not be touching your stuff. I will definitely not be hugging you. I am NOT the bad guy keeping DD from you. But I promise I will be if you give it to us.

There are no easy answers for any of this. Of course we want to see our loved ones. I can't blame the 70+ set that feel like they've had a good life and life is too short not to see their friends and family. But it pisses me off that it also puts us at risk. When our kids get it and we don't know the long term effects of this thing, because it looks like there will be a lot of them, I will have a hard time not placing blame.

Sorry for the pile on. I hear you. I'm mad with you. My DH does nothing without my permission because he's the highest risk, it would be infinitely harder if DH were part of the problem. I'm soooo sorry. Everything about this sucks.

I am sorry. It's hard enough when people outside your circle of trust minimize this virus but so stressful when it's your own family. I'm sending you positive thoughts for peace and health.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, y'all. Of the local family, this BIL & SIL have been our biggest worries the entire time. They've been flitting around as usual, and regularly leaving their kids with the ILs. (Like at least once a week.) That her parents keep the kids during the work week, (Trust me, I still don't fully understand how they've HAD to go into work every day this entire time. I know what they do. They could easily work from home!) and that they've had big family get togethers in their family (20+ people is a normal weekend group), I've just been waiting. But to know that it happened and they continued taking the kids between the houses.... ARGH!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)