Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the Kohl’s The Big One and the celebrate summer ones. You can get them for $6.00 each a couple times a year and they hold up well. No frays or wear from ours that are 5+ years old. However, I decided that I am going to phase those out and phase in the Turkish towels. I’m tired of thick and heavy that take too long to dry and take up so much space.

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Dock & Bay Microfiber towels. Super lightweight and dry almost instantly.

https://www.amazon.com/Dock-Bay-Ligh...ZAY?th=1&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I prefer cheap thin ones that dry fast and don’t take up much space. Target usually has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    We have a huge assortment of towels from thick to thin, small to big but the medium sized, thin Target towels are our favorite. They dry faster too!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    We have the Kohl’s The Big One and the celebrate summer ones. You can get them for $6.00 each a couple times a year and they hold up well. No frays or wear from ours that are 5+ years old. However, I decided that I am going to phase those out and phase in the Turkish towels. I’m tired of thick and heavy that take too long to dry and take up so much space.
    Which ones?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Which ones?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Which ones?
    Have not decided yet but will go by this list:

https://www.thespruce.com/best-turkish-towels-4155091

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Anyone tried My Pillow towels? I must admit I am curious if they are actually as good as claimed.

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've used Turkish for years, I HATE lugging around big beach towels. Turkish dry you, dry fast, and pack up small. Perfect. I've always just bought them locally, because I like to see and feel them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
    Dock & Bay Microfiber towels. Super lightweight and dry almost instantly.

https://www.amazon.com/Dock-Bay-Ligh...ZAY?th=1&psc=1
    Costco has microfiber beach towels in store right now, from the brand House of Clouds. I got some to try, and they were great - thin and dry fast. They may even pack up smaller than Turkish. Plus they have a convenient elastic loop attached, so you can roll them up and keep them rolled. BUT they are smaller towels. The same size as this link 31x63. That's pretty narrow for a beach towel. I don't like them for laying on, but they work well for drying off. And they are only $10 each at Costco.

ETA: I can't find the towels on Costco's website, but here they are being resold (for more money) on ebay, so you can see how small they roll up and fasten with the elastic.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/House-of-Cl...kAAOSwi29fHRq2
    Last edited by hwin708; 08-04-2020 at 01:55 AM.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’ve bought mostly Target and Walmart because the thinner the towel, the faster it will dry. They aren’t super thin for the most part, but just light. I like having different patterns and colors to distinguish the towels. We probably have about 20 now for our family of 5 plus guests that come to swim.
    K

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    We've used Turkish for years, I HATE lugging around big beach towels. Turkish dry you, dry fast, and pack up small. Perfect. I've always just bought them locally, because I like to see and feel them in person.

Costco has microfiber beach towels in store right now, from the brand House of Clouds. I got some to try, and they were great - thin and dry fast. They may even pack up smaller than Turkish. Plus they have a convenient elastic loop attached, so you can roll them up and keep them rolled. BUT they are smaller towels. The same size as this link 31x63. That's pretty narrow for a beach towel. I don't like them for laying on, but they work well for drying off. And they are only $10 each at Costco.

ETA: I can't find the towels on Costco's website, but here they are being resold (for more money) on ebay, so you can see how small they roll up and fasten with the elastic.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/House-of-Cl...kAAOSwi29fHRq2
    Do microfiber towels feel like microfiber rags where they sort of catch on the skin? I hate the feel of microfiber cloths.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast