Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    So we are actually ON the island where the storm made landfall. We were supposed to be here for the week, but we stayed home until it passed since we weren’t paying to rent MIL’s house. We came down around dinner time, and we read on FB the national guard was evacuating the island. Turns out it was mainly the middle of the island, and not the part where our house is.
    OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm glad you're ok. That is kind of crazy!

I'd say it was strange here, outside of Philadelphia. It didn't seem like a ton of rain to me, but in my own neighborhood there are so many houses with flooded basements that hadn't taken in water ever, in the 15 years since the development was built. I didn't see a lot of trees down either, but in a few places VERY close by, tornadoes touched down in little pinpointed areas, and destroyed a lot. Literally, it might be just one building or two houses on the same street. It was a beautiful day an hour after the rain stopped. We are fortunate, and like I said, it was a weird storm here.
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

BDB83275-1DC6-4E49-974A-B0B850770272.jpg9D56AD6A-9584-4B46-9E03-36A65BCEA8E8.jpgWe were west of the storm but here are two photos of trees down in our neighborhood. The first one is across a road and knocked down a st light but luckily didn’t hit any homes. In that area the electrical wires go through the back yards. The second photo is a huge section of an old tree (check out the fire hydrant in the photo to give you an idea of the scale of the tree). This was resting on a set of wires. They just cleared the tree off the wires but I’m not sure if power is restored yet. Our neighbor next door was effected but luckily our power comes from the other direction.

Central NJ without power since Tuesday night. No cell reception which is the most frustrating part. Kids had no camp yesterday for cleanup but resumed today.

Ours isn’t to be restored until 11th or 19th this month, depending where in town you live. Beyond ridiculous. Even with hurricane sandy which was cat 3 storm, we didn’t lose cell reception, nor did we with the Halloween storm. Visually it’s isn’t that severe in terms of damage, so not sure why it’ll take well over a week to get power back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Central NJ without power since Tuesday night. No cell reception which is the most frustrating part. Kids had no camp yesterday for cleanup but resumed today.

Ours isn’t to be restored until 11th or 19th this month, depending where in town you live. Beyond ridiculous. Even with hurricane sandy which was cat 3 storm, we didn’t lose cell reception, nor did we with the Halloween storm. Visually it’s isn’t that severe in terms of damage, so not sure why it’ll take well over a week to get power back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I’m so sorry! The cell reception was a huge problem for us. Our home phone is a digital line so we were without any communication capabilities.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maydaymommy View Post
    OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm glad you're ok. That is kind of crazy!

I'd say it was strange here, outside of Philadelphia. It didn't seem like a ton of rain to me, but in my own neighborhood there are so many houses with flooded basements that hadn't taken in water ever, in the 15 years since the development was built. I didn't see a lot of trees down either, but in a few places VERY close by, tornadoes touched down in little pinpointed areas, and destroyed a lot. Literally, it might be just one building or two houses on the same street. It was a beautiful day an hour after the rain stopped. We are fortunate, and like I said, it was a weird storm here.
    I heard one philly burb ended up with over 8 inches of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We lost water last night for an hour; the Suez processing plant lost power. Parts of our town are still without power yet the utility shows that area as fine! Residents keep reporting the outage. Crazy! We’re in an area with alot of old trees and above ground utilities

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3