Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just got this response from the elementary administration:

Hello,

We will not have the ability to filter because, they will be on your network. We hesitate to advise since there a ton of products out there and each home will be unique. Our suggestion would be to research what might work for your family. As far as separating the children we suggest you try it a few different ways and choose what works best. We believe with headphones, they might be ok in one room. Sorry we can’t be more helpful.

So I'm not sure where to go from here!! Maybe I'll look into Circle again. It is not cheap. I'd hate to buy it if it doesn't work.

Also, apparently the sole tech guy for the school is on vacation. I'm sure it is WELL deserved and he won't get much of one from here on out, but it leaves us all in a bit of a lurch! School doesn't start until the 19th but that seems soon to me!

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Just got this response from the elementary administration:

Hello,

We will not have the ability to filter because, they will be on your network. We hesitate to advise since there a ton of products out there and each home will be unique. Our suggestion would be to research what might work for your family. As far as separating the children we suggest you try it a few different ways and choose what works best. We believe with headphones, they might be ok in one room. Sorry we can’t be more helpful.

So I'm not sure where to go from here!! Maybe I'll look into Circle again. It is not cheap. I'd hate to buy it if it doesn't work.
    Well, that’s helpful... Based on what I’ve heard here and elsewhere, I’m surprised the school is not trying to do anything about filtering, locking down devices so other programs can’t be installed, etc. To clarify: these ARE school-owned devices, right?

Is this typical of what other BBB'ers are seeing?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Well, that’s helpful... Based on what I’ve heard here and elsewhere, I’m surprised the school is not trying to do anything about filtering, locking down devices so other programs can’t be installed, etc. To clarify: these ARE school-owned devices, right?

Is this typical of what other BBB'ers are seeing?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    They are school owned devices and we're told we can't install anything on them. I think the potential is high that the admin maybe doesn't know what it is on them?? That's why I'm thinking of asking the tech--who is on vacation.

DS1's high school is part of a massive school district, whereas my elementary kids are part of a single charter school. I imagine that it will be a different response for his device, but I'll also go through a lot of red tape to try and get a response. So I'm calling this morning!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    They are school owned devices and we're told we can't install anything on them. I think the potential is high that the admin maybe doesn't know what it is on them?? That's why I'm thinking of asking the tech--who is on vacation.

DS1's high school is part of a massive school district, whereas my elementary kids are part of a single charter school. I imagine that it will be a different response for his device, but I'll also go through a lot of red tape to try and get a response. So I'm calling this morning!
    Bisous, did you get any feedback from the district or find a solution? My DS2 is using a school issued Chromebook and goes into youtube or games at every opportunity. I emailed our district to find out what I can do (because I usually can't stop him when I'm working full time but can glance over and see that he's up to) and I have not heard back yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our school chrome books have some type of lockdown, I am super surprised yours do not. Ours is almost crazy. A friend of DS1’s was googling info on bank withdrawal for his consumer science class and the mom got an almost immediate call that that her 10 year old son was googling drug withdrawal. 🤦*♀️ That boy is terrified to ever use google again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2