Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone watching sports?

I watched baseball a few weeks ago and it was painfully boring. Basketball and hockey have been okay. It has been neat to watch a non football sport in the summer. Hockey is my favorite so far and even without the fans it seems very close to normal. My team is not in the Stanley Cup playoff, but I am still interested in it and pulling for some underdogs and hoping Montreal or Pittsburgh doesn’t end up with the first pick in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

English Premier League soccer every chance we get! GGMU! ⚽️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My Blackhawks snuck into the play in round, we have another 9:30 pm start time. I still have my hockey tree up, said it would stay up till they were eliminated, who knew it would still be up in July. Cubs are playing great too, but hockey is more fun to watch at this time.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m a Cubs fan, so I’m enjoying watching them play! I’m not convinced the season will make it to the end, but I will enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Was listening to WGN this afternoon on the way home and they were joking about how both Chicago teams are doing great, of course, in a season that may not even finish. I think MLB is foolish in not being more strict with how teams are not on lockdown when they travel.

I think DH has MLS soccer on right now. He watches English premier league and Bundesliga (sp?) when it's on too. Those games don't seem too boring and some even pipe in crowd noise to the tv.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Have been watching the MLS is Back tourney as well as English and Italian soccer.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Was listening to WGN this afternoon on the way home and they were joking about how both Chicago teams are doing great, of course, in a season that may not even finish. I think MLB is foolish in not being more strict with how teams are not on lockdown when they travel.
    If those two end up in the World Series, they will have to lockdown the city, as there is no way fans will stay away. I know that is a LONG way off, and the season may not even make it that far. I just find it ironic that they both are doing so well.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We’re also watching a lot of soccer. MLS (boo that LAFC is out already) and Premier League (big Chelsea/Pulisic fans in my house). We watched the Lakers & Clippers the other night, but haven’t watched the NBA since. I’m sure we’ll watch more Lakers & Dodgers games.

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Premier Lacrosse League!
    Seriously, even if you are not into lax, try to check it out! I've heard it described as a combination of all the best sports. This would have been the league's second season and they are nearing the end of their abbreviated championship series "in a bubble," PLL Island as they call it.

It's a fast moving game, with rules that differ from youth and college lacrosse. A lot of the best players are very recent college grads, and some are much older veterans who have been toiling away at a sport that's never quite had it's day in the limelight. The championship game is on regular NBC at 12:30 ET on Sunday, and one of the semi-finals (10:30 ET tonight) is on one of the NBC sports channels. The rest of it was by subscription to an NBC Gold pass.

The whole process of creating a new professional sports league is interesting to me. Rather than city-based teams, the teams all have different styles of play and images. Teams compete on weekends, all at the same place, in different city each time. It's a travelling lacrosse festival. The motto is something like "by the players, for the players," who all have equity in the league. They also do a lot that's contrary to the popular image of lacrosse as a rich, white, frat boy kind of sport. (Some things, not so much, like a partnership with Vineyard Vines.) Over the past few years we've had a lot of interaction with players and coaches in the league, and they've been nice, approachable, well-spoken people. There's a sincere desire to grow the game these players, and kids like DS1, love. It sounds like I'm getting a kickback here, too! I'm not, I'm just a lax mom, who never in a zillion years would have expected this to be mild mannered, cerebral DS1's sport! (That's a whole different story!)
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast