Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yes!

I was most excited about Premier League. Christian Pulisic has made us Chelsea fans. I'm happy the new season starts in five weeks. I've also been watching MLS, but DH can't watch it for more than 10 minutes without screaming about how bad the play is: "If this was the Premier League ...(whatever just happened would not have happened)."

I'm also watching baseball and NBA.

Looking ahead, I'm trying to figure out what college football is going to end up looking like, and I'm ready for NFL, too. And completely random, although we aren't really cycling folks, DH and I both love the Tour de France. It got pushed from July and will start at the end of the month.

Yay, sports!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    Have been watching the MLS is Back tourney ...

Although I'll probably stop now that the Union is out - they fell to the Timbers last night. (Portland's a decent team in any year; all I'm happy about is that they beat the Revs and outlasted NYCFC. Next year at Subaru Park!)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    ... I've also been watching MLS, but DH can't watch it for more than 10 minutes without screaming about how bad the play is: "If this was the Premier League ...(whatever just happened would not have happened)."...
    I think it's less the quality of the play and more the quality of the officiating ... although, I will admit, some teams are absolute embarrassments.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I heard a great interview on Spitten Chiclets pod cast (not for the faint of heart) about the PLL last week and it does sound interesting. I haven’t seen a game yet, but have seen college Lacrosse games before and they are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Yes!

I was most excited about Premier League. Christian Pulisic has made us Chelsea fans. I'm happy the new season starts in five weeks.
    Same over here! I think my husband's new Pulisic jersey arrives today and he's going to be SO happy to have the new one.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't follow any sports, but did get to listen to the raging party at the Airbnb behind my house last night as they watched something. What was playing from 9-midnight pacific last night? It sounded like a group of fans at a pub watching soccer or rugby and cheering them on with group chants. I couldn't hear the chant clearly enough to make out the words, but it was loud! I had to put in ear plugs to get back to sleep from when they woke me at 11:30pm.
    Our area is still on lockdown, and this party definitely broke the less than 10 persons rule, in addition to noise violations. I feel bad for the neighbors right next door that get to see and hear different groups almost every weekend now.
    mom to Billy 12/07

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hockey and baseball. We will watch the finals for basketball, but none of us are all that excited until that last round...
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Watching cricket right now and moving on to Premier League in Sept. Boys are Liverpool fans and I was an Arsenal fan since college.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am not a sports fan at all, but I've enjoyed watching some during this shutdown! I've watched lots of various motorsports - cars, trucks, motorcycles. I have no idea what's going on or how the points work, but they're fun to watch. Watched some Bundesliga and Premiere League. Rewatched the American Women win the soccer World Cup from last year.

I've never seen any lacrosse, so I think I'll watch that tonight and Sunday. (Thanks maydaymommy!)
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can't wait to see the Blackhawks play tomorrow, we've stayed up till midnight for the first games, hope they win the series tomorrow. Playoff hockey is the most exciting game to watch!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast