Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I think it's less the quality of the play and more the quality of the officiating ... although, I will admit, some teams are absolute embarrassments.
    Yeah. I didn't start really watching or even understanding soccer until the 2014 World Cup. So I'm still a newbie, and even I find some of the games difficult to watch. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Same over here! I think my husband's new Pulisic jersey arrives today and he's going to be SO happy to have the new one.
    I got DH an official Pulisic t-shirt for Christmas. Around here, if people are wearing soccer gear, it's still usually Messi or Ronaldo, so DH's shirt is often a conversation-starter when he's out and about.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Yeah. I didn't start really watching or even understanding soccer until the 2014 World Cup. So I'm still a newbie, and even I find some of the games difficult to watch. lol
    I played rec soccer as a kid. I may not always agree with the officiating, but I know excellent play when I see it. Even if I support the Union, who, more often than not, fall apart when it counts. (Or never really get started.) We're die-hard fans, though, seeing as how they're the first professional team we ever took DD to see play.
    I got DH an official Pulisic t-shirt for Christmas. Around here, if people are wearing soccer gear, it's still usually Messi or Ronaldo, so DH's shirt is often a conversation-starter when he's out and about.
    Pulisic is poetry in motion. I'm also fond of Altidore. And, yes, the Union's own Ale Bedoya.

On the women's side, I love Ertz, Lloyd, Rapinoe, and Krieger.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chottumommy View Post
    Watching cricket right now and moving on to Premier League in Sept. Boys are Liverpool fans and I was an Arsenal fan since college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For those unfamiliar with hockey, the superbly handsome Patrick Sharp (former Blackhawk) is one of the intermission commentators, so even when the game isn't on, it's great to watch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I played rec soccer as a kid. I may not always agree with the officiating, but I know excellent play when I see it. Even if I support the Union, who, more often than not, fall apart when it counts. (Or never really get started.) We're die-hard fans, though, seeing as how they're the first professional team we ever took DD to see play.

Pulisic is poetry in motion. I'm also fond of Altidore. And, yes, the Union's own Ale Bedoya.

On the women's side, I love Ertz, Lloyd, Rapinoe, and Krieger.
    I think this break was the best thing that could have happened for Christian. He started out well in the fall, then things started going sideways. DH and I were concerned that he was falling out of favor with Lampard. But during the restart, I would argue he was their best player.

The women's team is of course awesome. I like Ertz, too. Talented, steady, not super flashy. And her DH is cute. lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    For those unfamiliar with hockey, the superbly handsome Patrick Sharp (former Blackhawk) is one of the intermission commentators, so even when the game isn't on, it's great to watch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep! I am also hoping Keith Yandle gets some air time now that Florida is out. He was good in the playoffs last year as well.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I think this break was the best thing that could have happened for Christian. He started out well in the fall, then things started going sideways. DH and I were concerned that he was falling out of favor with Lampard. But during the restart, I would argue he was their best player.
    It's been really great for a lot of players who were starting to show signs of potential injuries or inadequate off-season training.

The women's team is of course awesome. I like Ertz, too. Talented, steady, not super flashy. And her DH is cute. lol
    I had to stop referring to Zach Ertz as "oh, Julie's husband" in mixed company because DH found it annoying while I found it hilarious.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Basketball! What no basketball fans here? Even though it is a short season I don't mind. Apparently I was still feeling robbed. So glad to be able to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    Basketball! What no basketball fans here? Even though it is a short season I don't mind. Apparently I was still feeling robbed. So glad to be able to watch.
    I'm really impatient with basketball on TV and, yes, I'm a die-hard, long-suffering NY Knicks follower (not a fan; a follower.) Since they're poorly managed, not at all cohesive, and overall stunk before the shortened season, that means they're not in Orlando ... and I do not get to see any of Clyde's fly suits because there's no need for Knicks-centric color commentary if there's no Knicks play.

DH monopolizes the sportsball here, so I haven't checked out the WNBA lately, though I find their games more interesting to watch ... and the Liberty don't suck!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    I am a Sacramento Kings fan and I did watch one game when they were playing Orlando last week. I will probably watch it again. We have been busy moving this week so I haven’t really watched too much yet.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast