Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Oh yes, we would have the masks washed at night. This would be just during the day between use. We are thinking about a shoe pocket organizer hung low so the kids can put them in themselves. And we can label them.
    This is what I use to store my students’ headphones and it works well. We label each pocket with their name. We keep a step stool by ours so kids can reach the top row without help.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Oh yes, we would have the masks washed at night. This would be just during the day between use. We are thinking about a shoe pocket organizer hung low so the kids can put them in themselves. And we can label them.
    I would want to avoid a communal storage option. You’ll have kids congregating to get their masks and to put them away. There’s also a greater chance of contamination if Susie doesn’t realize she put her mask in Sam’s pocket. If you do storage at each individual desk you should have fewer chances for mixups.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I would want to avoid a communal storage option. You’ll have kids congregating to get their masks and to put them away. There’s also a greater chance of contamination if Susie doesn’t realize she put her mask in Sam’s pocket. If you do storage at each individual desk you should have fewer chances for mixups.
    I agree. Kids may put their mask in the wrong spot or they may grab the wrong one. I would have each kid store it in a box at their desk. If they can't keep the boxes at the desk, the teachers can just collect them.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would get straps or lanyards to keep them around their necks/chest. I wouldn't want my kid's mask touching others or accidentally getting put into the wrong pocket/cubby/box/bag.

Crayola is selling mask lanyards in packs of 5 to match their masks.
    https://schoolmaskpack.com/products/...ds-set-brights

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Our school is requiring the neck gaiter style masks so that they remain on each student throughout the day and can be raised and lowered as needed.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    Our school is requiring the neck gaiter style masks so that they remain on each student throughout the day and can be raised and lowered as needed.
    These seem great but are they as effective? Is there a medical grade version or are they allowing any style/brand of gaitor? Definitely seems easier to deal with (and probably what I'll get for my DS).

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

My 8 yo definitely prefers the neck gaiter style, it does seem a little thinner than some of the other masks we have, but maybe there are other choices.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Kids at a local pool are using ziploc containers labeled with their name. Something like this or smaller if you can find it.

https://www.amazon.com/GladWare-Entr...%2C178&sr=8-18
    This is a great idea.
    K

I made a lanyard for DD to wear when she goes back to school. Made out of some ribbon and two buttons I had laying around the house. IMG_20200805_132237777~2.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Baby Bargains mobile app

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    So funny! Our district prohibits gaiter style stating that they dont fit as well and kids touch them repeatedly to adjust.

Naturally, I have several (before they announced the ban). I find them super comfortable and thats what I wear on my walks as they provide sun protection as well. I do NOT think the ones I have offer much protection. 2 of them are so shear that if I pull them over my face, I can SEE through them. But I rarely see anyone so they're mostly to follow the letter of the law so to speak.

The gaiters w/ear loops I have are especially comfy and are a bit thicker ftr.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast