Default Outfit ideas for outdoor family photo shoot?

We’ll be having family outdoor shoot at sunset mid September. Location is at a pretty well known popular garden place.

So I’ve no idea where to start us for outfit styles?? We’re a family of 4 in our early to late 40’s with 2 boys (9 and almost 7)

Photos attached of place to give you an idea of style and scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I don't like family photos to look too matchy, I would probably go with light colors (pink, pale blue, light green) and avoid prints. For the boys I would probably have them in polo shirts or button downs with khakis.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What is you family like, what do you like to do together? I would dress to reflect that, if you can. For example, our family likes to be outdoors, hiking and exploring. So I might do something like button-down flannel.

To me, September bends towards a fall color scheme, but not dark colors. There are tons of ideas on pinterest for coordinating outfits. Consider how your family normally dresses - are you casual, jeans wearing people or do you tend to dress more formally? I usually pick one outfit to build around - mine if I have something I love and feel good wearing or DD's since I can easily work in a subtle print that way.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    To me, September bends towards a fall color scheme, but not dark colors. There are tons of ideas on pinterest for coordinating outfits. Consider how your family normally dresses - are you casual, jeans wearing people or do you tend to dress more formally? I usually pick one outfit to build around - mine if I have something I love and feel good wearing or DD's since I can easily work in a subtle print that way.
    Fall is our favorite season, even though at time of photo it’ll be late summer with Indian like temps. So it won’t feel fall to us yet? We’re definitely the casual type family with boys and DH wearing khaki shorts and polo shirts or button downs if we’re going someplace dressier. So I may dress them like that, as otherwise they live in their athletic shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    What is you family like, what do you like to do together? I would dress to reflect that, if you can. For example, our family likes to be outdoors, hiking and exploring. So I might do something like button-down flannel.
    It’ll be too hot and bright to wear button down flannel. Even though fall is our favorite season, mid sept will still feel very much late summer to us with the Indian type of temps. We love to do the beach/boardwalk/bike/run and ski. So that is an idea to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14