Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    That looks totally crazy. All the crowd shots show a LOT of older people.
    Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    The Sturgis crowd is older as they are the community who can afford a Harley. As an aside, the appeal of motorcycles is waning as younger generations are eschewing the idea of motorized biking. The companies are hurting.

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    The Sturgis crowd is older as they are the community who can afford a Harley. As an aside, the appeal of motorcycles is waning as younger generations are eschewing the idea of motorized biking. The companies are hurting.
    Yes, the rally does appear to skew older. I read that the covid lethality rate is 0.04% for people under 70. Therefore, it must be way higher than that for people over 70.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    The Washington Post wrote a story about this yesterday. While the comments section gets bogged down in people arguing about masks/no masks, the story is really about people who do wear masks and distance, but make different choices. So, only going to the grocery store every two weeks versus visiting a few stores on a Saturday afternoon. I mask and distance, but I'm the girl who's hitting up the stores.
    The bolded part is me too. The only time we are inside anywhere is to shop or go to mass and we have always worn masks. We go to mass on Sundays and during the lockdown we attended services outside in coats and boots. Once our state lifted the lockdown our church started having masses inside but they have every other pew roped off and have spots all over the floor marked for distancing. Also, our church is only 10 years old. I"m hoping that makes a difference as far as air flow and updated air exchangers. We do hang out with friends outdoors but no one goes inside our house.

However, the cases in our area are down and have always been relatively low. We will go back to locking ourselves down with no friends over and only online shopping if the local or county case rate goes up this fall or winter.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

deleted...
    Last edited by SASM; 08-12-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3