Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

I guess that's my concern. Have they really done anything illegal? I'm certainly not a lawyer, but I think companies are within their rights to change pay, titles, etc. The way they are dragging their feet is concerning, but I'm not a lawyer.

I do hope things get cleared up!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I guess that's my concern. Have they really done anything illegal? I'm certainly not a lawyer, but I think companies are within their rights to change pay, titles, etc. The way they are dragging their feet is concerning, but I'm not a lawyer.

I think it is interesting because from my perspective (from employee-friendly California) it seems like it would be illegal to me. Obviously I don't know for sure because I am also not a lawyer!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post

I think it is interesting because from my perspective (from employee-friendly California) it seems like it would be illegal to me. Obviously I don't know for sure because I am also not a lawyer!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Definitely not illegal in my state. I used to process payroll and it happened more than you think. DH just had to do it to an employee during a restructure that resulted in a different title and lesser pay. However, in every circumstance I’ve ever experienced the employee knew about it beforehand. With any payroll error I’ve ever experienced, we corrected it right away. So that part and him not being told definitely seems fishy at the very least.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5